• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

About aiders

Pastorjim

OK guys, I want to use aiders because I think there are alot of benefits. But the ones I've tried so far have left me wanting something else. I thought wire aiders would be good because they are always the same shape and you don't have to search for them in the dark. I tried some and didn't like them because they got caught in the cleats of my boots. Amsteel aiders also catch in the boot cleats and can be difficult to see in the dark. They also do not hold their shape. Does anyone have the perfect aider and if you think it is perfect why do you think that? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I use an aider made of 1" tubular webbing on my first stick. It is a loop about 4 feet long tied in a water knot on one end and I have a piece if 1/2 inch diameter climbing rope about 9 inches long in the opposite end to hold the foot loop open. This aider doubles as a carry strap for my sticks. I use 4 full length lone wolf sticks. The aider I use on the bottom stick only and it buys me a few feet right off the ground. With the bottom of the aider about 20 inches off the ground I can have the top of the first stick 7 feet up. I toyed with the idea of using them on the other sticks but I just don't want to take the chance of going sideways.

I added a single step to my full length heliums and use one for my one stick/rappel. I made an aider out of the foot strap that comes with safety harnesses. It works perfect and doubles as a carry strap……I like a single step aider, not a fan of 2 or more, but they work

I like my webbing knaider. Moves with you and can stay on during hunt. Very stable and don’t have to fiddle with aiders on sticks. I’ve tried many other types of aiders and think this is the best

can be made without sewing if you’re not into that.

often I will pair this with a swaider when I’m using short sticks.

Attachments

• DB1AFD93-68B2-4964-9DEC-9042BA6F0762.jpeg
    DB1AFD93-68B2-4964-9DEC-9042BA6F0762.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 41
I like the multi step aider from backwoods mobile gear for one sticking so maybe get their fixed single step aider for sticks

I like my webbing knaider. Moves with you and can stay on during hunt. Very stable and don’t have to fiddle with aiders on sticks. I’ve tried many other types of aiders and think this is the best

can be made without sewing if you’re not into that.

often I will pair this with a swaider when I’m using short sticks.
Ok so this stays on your foot and attach and remove to the stick with the top end of strap? I’m trying to envision this on a 1 stick app. Looks stout and comfy

Ok so this stays on your foot and attach and remove to the stick with the top end of strap? I’m trying to envision this on a 1 stick app. Looks stout and comfy
Yeah I think you got the idea but I haven’t tried it with onesticking

I've made a bunch of aiders and the wider the material the better imo....2" webbing is what I like to use. I use long 4 step were the steps alternate side to side. I feel that style is more secure while climbing vs a ladder style but that'll be ur personal preference. The footbed of the step I doubled up the webbing and sewed a 1.5 wide strip of rubber sandwiched between the webbing and that holds the step open. The way I climb I spend a majority of the time on the aider so it's kinda the main climbing equipment so I make it beefy...

The aider in this video has a rubber tube in the step that helps it hold its shape.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I've used 7mm Sterling cord from EWO with a section of garden hose (stealth stripped for added stiffness). The hose I picked up locally for like 50c a foot for an aider before. It worked alright

Back