• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Absolutely Happy with my Set Up

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
After three years of tinkering I am absolutely satisfied with my current system. I will make some videos after season.... but it consists of a Klemz Platform (70% of the time) or one of my design platforms, a boat buckle with 2 steps, Kestrel )modified) 3 helium sticks and straps and my Kathy Kelly pack. My platform, foot loops, lineman's belt all go in the main compartment along with any extra clothing (plenty of room). I wear my saddle to stand and it has a pouch with tether, bridge, wind checker, Pruners, T screw and bow hanger. I carry my recurve and sticks and wear the pack. I also use a pull rope with weight treble hook to retrieve pack and bow. I have set up in over 10 trees completely blind in the dark and so far this system has never let me down. it is pretty light weight weighing less then a lot of climbers and it can get me into nearly any tree I want. the pruners are a must for blind sets as I trim small branches as I climb and then use the rope/treble hook to cut some additional limbs as needed. I also carry a saw in my pack for larger branches that need to go. It all compacts down very nicely and I store in a Tinks carbon bag (which I keep in the truck and throw on the kayak for those water hunts).

Since I did not scout at all this year I am dong a lot of scout hunts and hitting trees I have never been in before. So far I have encounter 10 different bucks two of which are phenomenal bucks for public land in TX.

Videos will be coming and I have a new twist for an even better tether/bridge idea that makes rotating and walking around a tree a snap.

Sounds good Dave except you need to go ahead and tell us about your bridge/ tether idea. :) I am just impatient. Grin

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I use the same style platform and it is a godsend. My next step up will be a set of spurs for next season.

I am curious about your tether idea. Give it up already!

Back