• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

adjustable bridge tender

breitna

I use an amsteel daisy chain as a tether so my bridge is my adjustment. I use a phantom. When I want to shorten it to stand up more I need 2 hands to adjust.
Is there a way i can get it to be one handed adjustment? Can you run a tender on an adjustable bridge?

thanks

Here is an example on an original AH Kestrel Flex.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200711-184009_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200711-184009_Gallery.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 147
Unlikely to get one-hand adjustment with amsteel.
Pretty easy to do with climbing rope and traditional friction hitch cord.

I'm really new to saddles and knots and stuff but I've been reading everything I can get my hands on. (and watching a bazillion videos)

The above post is a good thing to know going into the saddle hunting world... The little things that you 'veterans' share mean a lot. Thanks Chrighton!
I love this forum...

How often do you guys adjust your bridge? Its seems like a 50/50. Some adjust and some set it and forget it?

I adjust mine frequently because I use a daisy chain tether. That is why I was looking for a one handed way to adjust.

I don’t adjust my bridge enough to justify the clutter

an amsteel daisy chain tether is something most would not trust

plus your adjustment requires you to unhook from it and catch another link

what is wrong with an amsteel daisy chain tether?
now i am second guessing my choice. i thought it would be safe.

Are you clipping into the links correctly so if a link gave out you would not fall to the ground and only fall to the next link? There is a right and wrong way to do that.

Can't find it, but clip in multiple ways and think about what would happen if a link failed. There is a way where you and your carabiner would drop to the ground.

what is wrong with an amsteel daisy chain tether?
now i am second guessing my choice. i thought it would be safe.

What diameter? The brummel locks used in a daisy chain are not actual splices and are only used by saddle hunters, hammock makers, and arborists to catch logs (not their bodies). Closest estimates here are that they cut the strength of the line in half if the force is applied within the link. No one uses them for life support in any industry or more developed sports. Sticks aren't life support and neither is a platform. A tether is though. Also, amsteel without a sheath is pretty much the ultimate in "static line that will snap way easier than you think if under a shock load from a short fall". With so many better options, I see no reason to favor one.

Last edited:
Ok, so I just got my new to me Kite in the mail.
Adjustable bridge with what must be 1/2" rope and an Amsteel continuous loop with a Prussik on my right hand side.
I dug around a few drawers and found a ring and some stretchy cord and made a tender.
I gotta pull on the tag end of the rope pretty hard but it is 1 handed now...

I tried to add a picture but it said "image too big".

Makes sense, but your bridge rope is not amsteel right? The OP mentions having a Phantom which has an amsteel bridge AND prusik.

Back