• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adjusting Oplux Tether (How do YOU)

dpierce72

What is the preferred way to adjust your oplux 8mm tether?

Kong Duck, Beal Jammy, other?

What are the pros and what are the cons? If Any?

What is the preferred way to adjust your oplux 8mm tether?

Kong Duck, Beal Jammy, other?

What are the pros and what are the cons? If Any?

I use sterling TRC cord in a swabisch hitch. I'm loving that setup. a distel of beal cord from easternwoods was also nice.

Beal cordage tied in distel hitch and home made tender. One handed cheap and quiet.

Last edited:
I was using a distel. I ordered a Kong duck to try out

I like to use a CT Rollnlock especially when one sticking. If I use a tree that isn’t great for SRT I’ll probably one stick climb. When I do that I also add a Cassin X-draw and carabiner to the tether carabiner which adds about 10”. The Rollnlock can get closer to the girth hitch at the tree. One sticking can introduce some slack in the tether at times so the x-draw is just added safety... I don’t want a broken back. I also like a longer bridge at times so it’s nice to be able to get the connection to the tether closer to the tree. I tie an alpine butterfly further down the tether and beyond the open length of the x-draw as a last resort backup. I noticed the x-draw on a video from Boyne Bowhunter and thought it a great safety setup for one sticking. The x-draw will start opening at about 2.5kn or 562 lbs force in a slip or fall.

c6f2443f65481545355499d5925e91ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Kong on my LB, but just use TRC in a distel hitch for my tether with no tender. I just don't adjust much as I lean 80% or more of the time.

I just recieved a ropeman 2 for my tether. I dont adjust often so I'm not too concerned about the aggressive teeth. It bites really well. I like it more than I thought. I have TRC on order and should be here any day now to test out.

I'm running the kong duck on my linemans belt and dont see myself switching.

Both my lineman and tether are oplux this year

I just recieved a ropeman 2 for my tether. I dont adjust often so I'm not too concerned about the aggressive teeth. It bites really well. I like it more than I thought. I have TRC on order and should be here any day now to test out.

I'm running the kong duck on my linemans belt and dont see myself switching.

Both my lineman and tether are oplux this year
3/16" amsteel on a distel hitch with a mini kong prusik tender.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200325-080416_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200325-080416_Gallery.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 108
After running Ropeman 1s on both my tether and lineman's rope, I decided to switch to Oplux for packability. I will be running the CT Rollnlock moving forward on both lines! I don't want to go back to manual adjustment after having that ease of the mechanical device!

After running Ropeman 1s on both my tether and lineman's rope, I decided to switch to Oplux for packability. I will be running the CT Rollnlock moving forward on both lines! I don't want to go back to manual adjustment after having that ease of the mechanical device!
I have noticed on the treestuff website they list the Rollnlock with warnings “not for primary life support” and “not suitable as a lanyard or bridge adjuster”. Just FYI.

I always tie a knot for backup after it for safety! Also, as per setup instructions it's stronger and safer than a Kong Duck. I was looking between the two and I decided on the CT. I've come to the conclusion that all of this stuff has to be interpreted and decided on by the individual as to what they're comfortable using. I definitely appreciate the heads up, thank you!

I always tie a knot for backup after it for safety! Also, as per setup instructions it's stronger and safer than a Kong Duck. I was looking between the two and I decided on the CT. I've come to the conclusion that all of this stuff has to be interpreted and decided on by the individual as to what they're comfortable using. I definitely appreciate the heads up, thank you!

Check out the thread"Kong Duck users"
I wasn’t knocking the rollnlock for the Kong. I don’t own either but have been researching them. I’m using a figure aider with oplux and distel for my tether. Just haven’t decided how I want to go on lineman’s yet.

Back