• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aerohunter Eye and Eye Prusik vs Ropeman

Saddler

Any thoughts on the aerohunter eye to eye prusik vs. a ropeman 1 for lineman’s belt / tether? Sorry if I’m missing it, but I don’t recall seeing much on the eye-to-eye option here and I’m wondering if it’s a good alternative. My sense is that ropeman wins on user-friendliness, but I’m not sure about that. I am sure that eye-to-eye wins on cost. Does one have any safety advantages over the other?

Thanks everyone.

They're fairly new to the market so there mat not be many out in use. Even fewer in a hunting situation. I've been watching for a while and finally broke down recently and ordered two sets. Plan to install one on tether (which I don't adjust much) and one on my adjustable Predator rope bridge. Still plan to use Ropeman1 on LB.

I'll report back once they are in and I have a few practice climbs in them. Hopefully others who have already used them will chime in with insights.

It’s the use of a Prusik tender that changes the game. If you use it with a regular Prusik or and eye to eye. There are a few threads here over the last couple of years. Look up Prusik tender.
I think maybe
@BCHunter
@bigjoe
@sojourner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They're fairly new to the market so there mat not be many out in use. Even fewer in a hunting situation. I've been watching for a while and finally broke down recently and ordered two sets. Plan to install one on tether (which I don't adjust much) and one on my adjustable Predator rope bridge. Still plan to use Ropeman1 on LB.

I'll report back once they are in and I have a few practice climbs in them. Hopefully others who have already used them will chime in with insights.
After all the discussion on ascenders, fall rates, backup prusicks, etc I ordered one. Took the ropeman off and tried it on my tether-works great! Can't see any downside. Rated for 2600 lbs or something. Just the single cord is rated that high. I'm sure there's reasons not to use it, but it's certainly looking like a viable choice to me. Haven't hunted with it yet, but just fooling around in the yard has sold me. Opinions??

They come default on the Aerohunter kits (at least it did with mine). I only played around with it a little bit, but it seems to work well.

I far prefer the AeroHunter prussic with tender to a Ropeman. For me, the prussic is an easy one handed operation going up or down. The Ropeman is an easy one handed operation going up, but a two handed operation coming down.

I second the Aerohunter prusik with tender to the ropeman 1's. Plus you get to eliminate another metal to metal contact point.

Use Paracord, works great
146de36ff742e1f91fa4fef86210a9d4.jpg
4071387ed9e64519bd41920f6a7fb651.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Use Paracord, works great
146de36ff742e1f91fa4fef86210a9d4.jpg
4071387ed9e64519bd41920f6a7fb651.jpg

Appreciate all the helpful responses. @ BCHunter, just so I’m clear on the setup: does that double loop you’ve tied with paracord act as a “prusik tender” (similar to what you’d get in the aerohunter kit) then you just connect one loop on the rope below the prusik and connect the other loop to the carabiner?

Appreciate all the helpful responses. @ BCHunter, just so I’m clear on the setup: does that double loop you’ve tied with paracord act as a “prusik tender” (similar to what you’d get in the aerohunter kit) then you just connect one loop on the rope below the prusik and connect the other loop to the carabiner?
Correct, no need for plastic or metal

When I bought my Kestrel I bought their Molle accessory loops along with it. I have since repurposed one of the "D" accessory loops as a tender for the distal hitch on the tether I use for one sticking. It seems to work pretty well, its plastic so its quiet and the price was right.
20190714_160843_resized.jpg20190714_161127_resized.jpg

Correct, no need for plastic or metal

I tried this on my Tethrd tether (12mm I think) and the paracord didn’t do too well. Worked great on my 8mm lineman’s belt though. Think I might try a larger ring of some sort for the bigger rope.

Emrah

I tried this on my Tethrd tether (12mm I think) and the paracord didn’t do too well. Worked great on my 8mm lineman’s belt though. Think I might try a larger ring of some sort for the bigger rope.

Emrah

The one pictured is a tethrd linesman's, works great for my buddy. I use an 8mm and have no complaints. Maybe has to do with loop size and distance from the caribiner?

The one pictured is a tethrd linesman's, works great for my buddy. I use an 8mm and have no complaints. Maybe has to do with loop size and distance from the caribiner?

Mine’s the tether. Not sure what size Tethrd uses on their lineman’s. Should the “eye to eye” distance of that paracord be a certain length? New to this tender thing so I’m still figuring it out.

Emrah

Mine’s the tether. Not sure what size Tethrd uses on their lineman’s. Should the “eye to eye” distance of that paracord be a certain length? New to this tender thing so I’m still figuring it out.

Emrah

They are the same size. The tender just has to be shorter than the distance from the caribiner to the prusik knot.

I installed the eye to eye kit a few weeks back and have been happy with it. Easy to install and works smooth. No experience with the ropeman.

Is essentially a prusik and tender or am I missing something?

Back