• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aerohunter Merlin or Cruzr

Hogtooth

Guys,

I have a cruzr xc I have hunted with twice this year. It is comfortable but the Merlin is really looking good. should I sell my cruzr and but the Merlin. What would you do?

The Merlin is several inches shorter. I like the longer length. If aerohunter made something the same size as the Cruzr, then I'd be very interested.

The Merlin is several inches shorter. I like the longer length. If aerohunter made something the same size as the Cruzr, then I'd be very interested.
Are you talking about the bridge being 7 in shorter?

Saddle hunter answer is buy both and sell the one you don’t want or keep one as a “backup”.

Personally I wouldn’t make a change during season unless it was a faulty scope or unusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddle hunter answer is buy both and sell the one you don’t want or keep one as a “backup”.

Personally I wouldn’t make a change during season unless it was a faulty scope or unusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
for sure wont make the change now. I need to hunt

Are you talking about the bridge being 7 in shorter?

No, you can cut that off and make your own bridge. So that wouldn't influence me.

I mean if you fully expand the butt compartment and measure distance from top of top webbing to bottom of bottom webbing, then the Cruzr covers like 4 more inches or so. The Cruzr XC is the perfect size for me.

The size of the Cruzr XC makes it comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would focus on hunting instead of what saddle i would rather be in. Is it reducing your hunting time? The grass is not always greener on the other side. Look at them after the season when you have time to compare and test them out. It is how they fit you not how they fit everyone else. I just received a Cruzr 3 weeks ago and love it but that's me and i know everyone has an opinion. what saddle did you come from? The saddle is a tool not an answer but yes you need to be comfortable so are you comfortable?

I'm a big Aero Hunter guy and I knew that they were coming out with a new mesh saddle. I just couldn't wait so I bought the Cruzr XC and I wasn't disappointed great saddle. I would keep the Cruzr and wait and see the reviews on the Merlin. I also have a Flex and just sold my Kestrel. I think I'll wait and see how everyone likes it.

Last edited:
I would focus on hunting instead of what saddle i would rather be in. Is it reducing your hunting time? The grass is not always greener on the other side. Look at them after the season when you have time to compare and test them out. It is how they fit you not how they fit everyone else. I just received a Cruzr 3 weeks ago and love it but that's me and i know everyone has an opinion. what saddle did you come from? The saddle is a tool not an answer but yes you need to be comfortable so are you comfortable?

Yup, lots of good saddles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back