• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aider for beast stick

Bgolladay

I am planning on 1 stick climbing and rappelling this season. I was wondering if anybody has found a good aider setup on a beast stick for this. Such as where its attached, what material, what length.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I am planning on 1 stick climbing and rappelling this season. I was wondering if anybody has found a good aider setup on a beast stick for this. Such as where its attached, what material, what length.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m doing one stick also but with an EWO ultralight stick. Same size and principle as a beast stick. Using this aider on it and it works really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not one sticking, but I have those aiders on my beast sticks and yes they work well, barely even realize they are on the sticks, until of course you pack em and stack em.

I'm using a 20" wire aider from DanO. I have it on the bottom bolt of the bottom step...

This is what I have always done. Made from webbing with a overhand on a bit and bolted my bite on the cleat of the stick.

Attachments

• EF0B0378-6D6D-47C8-9FF4-82F2A2392513.jpeg
    EF0B0378-6D6D-47C8-9FF4-82F2A2392513.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 95
I'm using a 20" wire aider from DanO. I have it on the bottom bolt of the bottom step...

Im thinking about ordering some BS mini's and adding the same aiders. Still Like this setup? How do they stack together with the aider attached?

I really like the versa aider with my beast sticks. I never have to worry about swaying in the wind on the lower sticks once I am at hunting height

I really like the versa aider with my beast sticks. I never have to worry about swaying in the wind on the lower sticks once I am at hunting height
I have a home brew versa aider I use now on some cut down LWs. Honestly Ive gotten pretty use to it and dont mind it. It just seems the wire rope ones would be a little harder to kick out left/right. But I cant see them being convenient hanging off the stick as you climb either. But I like the fact the wire rope aider is just there no fiddle factor

I added 20" wire aiders from DanO to 4 beast sticks, mounting in a similar fashion as @Close caller described below...

I then used a 6" Nite Ize gear tie thru the top hole of the stick to wrap around the aider to keep it place when stacked. The sticks stack with no issues. I do like this setup so far...
PXL_20201001_150322728 (1).jpgPXL_20201001_150417766 (1).jpg

This is what I have always done. Made from webbing with a overhand on a bit and bolted my bite on the cleat of the stick.

can you take a pic of how you stack them with the aider?

I like a fixed aider like what you have but I dislike it when I stack the sticks up.

Cables worked perfect on the mini’s. Cable just reached the button.
6219d16caf01a3a7288e1cda25ed96e1.jpg

b0269c4eeabbf9d3ae99d6d7774568e6.jpg

you're gonna want a 2 step for 1 sticking. i would just do it with amsteel make 2 loops (going through 1/2" tubular webbing or heat shrink [do not heat it though] to prevent wear and tear) with a brummel/bury at the top on each side to put on the sides of the step. maybe use a castration band to keep it in place so it doest fall off. 1/4" amsteel will probably seat right in the grooves on the step

Back