• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aiders

GeoFish

SH Member
Trying to save some weight like most mobile hunters I have tried just about every type of aider avalable.
Meet Jerry with Custome Gear Modification @always89y at the Southern Mobile Hunting Expo.
Explained about my issue with my old feet and aiders that put side pressure on my feet. I also told him that I have always done best with versa style aiders. Well Jerry had a solution. He took his standard foot loop made with 4" wide webbing and used a special material in the bottom and up the sides.
This aider is super ridgid. Not 100% sure, but I think the material is a special carbon fiber chemically bonded to Titanium.
Screenshot_20230824_132732_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230824_132502_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230824_132424_Gallery.jpg

Trying to save some weight like most mobile hunters I have tried just about every type of aider avalable.
Meet Jerry with Custome Gear Modification @always89y at the Southern Mobile Hunting Expo.
Explained about my issue with my old feet and aiders that put side pressure on my feet. I also told him that I have always done best with versa style aiders. Well Jerry had a solution. He took his standard foot loop made with 4" wide webbing and used a special material in the bottom and up the sides.
This aider is super ridgid. Not 100% sure, but I think the material is a special carbon fiber chemically bonded to Titanium.
View attachment 89462View attachment 89463View attachment 89464
Looks comfy!

First and foremost, glad you found something that works well for you! I just got Backwoods Mobile Gear's adjustable versa aider yesterday and I'm super happy with it, foot pinch a non issue for me, but for someone that needs it, Jerry's piece looks great!

Second: do you know how to crop an image? It would help post readability a lot to crop out all that black space. I'd be happy to help figure it out. If you're deliberately not doing it for some reason, no worries, do your thing. I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but I'm willing to help if you're interested.

First and foremost, glad you found something that works well for you! I just got Backwoods Mobile Gear's adjustable versa aider yesterday and I'm super happy with it, foot pinch a non issue for me, but for someone that needs it, Jerry's piece looks great!

Second: do you know how to crop an image? It would help post readability a lot to crop out all that black space. I'd be happy to help figure it out. If you're deliberately not doing it for some reason, no worries, do your thing. I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but I'm willing to help if you're interested.

Thanks, I got into a area of my phone that I did not know existed.
Screenshot_20230824_132732_Gallery.jpg

Looks like a nice aider. Hope it works out for you. But buy a good pair of boots and you can use any style aider there is and you won't feel them, crispi, hanwha or kenetrek. Something that has a sole in it. Your feet will love you for it. When I am trying stuff out just wearing my normal shoes I see what people are talking about with the pressure and hard edges on feet but soon as I put the crispis on all that goes away. A step doesn't feel any different for a cable or amsteel. Sweet aider though what's the weight on it?

Looks like a nice aider. Hope it works out for you. But buy a good pair of boots and you can use any style aider there is and you won't feel them, crispi, hanwha or kenetrek. Something that has a sole in it. Your feet will love you for it. When I am trying stuff out just wearing my normal shoes I see what people are talking about with the pressure and hard edges on feet but soon as I put the crispis on all that goes away. A step doesn't feel any different for a cable or amsteel. Sweet aider though what's the weight on it?
Like most guys I have multiple pairs of boots. I have 2 pairs of Meindl boots with Vibram soles. I don't feel much side pressure with those. I use these in hill country.
I also like my LL Bean hunting shoes, https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/331...629-506794-513858&feat=513858-GN3&csp=f&pos=4
I like these in low land wet conditions, river tail water WMA's.
I have 3 of Jerry's aiders.
The new one is 10.3oz. The other 2 are 6.7oz & 4.5oz.
If I only use a aider on the bottom 2 sticks, I can use 2 Apex steps instead at 9.4oz total.
Screenshot_20230825_070040_Gallery.jpg

Good idea that I'll keep in my back pocket in case I need it later. Thanks for letting us know about it.

I don't know,

I dont know, looks right to me. Are you run through the small buckly correctly?
@always89y can you help please?
Well the way it is run through the small buckle could be the problem; However, the way mine is sewed on the ends, there is no removing it unless I cut out the stitching. I hate to do that. May try some soapy water to see if it will help the end to squeeze through.

Well the way it is run through the small buckle could be the problem; However, the way mine is sewed on the ends, there is no removing it unless I cut out the stitching. I hate to do that. May try some soapy water to see if it will help the end to squeeze through.
If you hang the loop on a stick, put downward pressure on the foot loop keeping everything vertical, does it slip???

It looks the same to me but at this point, I just don't know anymore. If I ain't smart enough to figure this out maybe I should not use it. lol

Attachments

• IMG_5687.jpeg
    IMG_5687.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 10
Okay, I finally got it. I wasn't running the tag end back through the big buckle. I couldn't see the tree for the Forrest. Thanks for the advice and patience.

Attachments

• IMG_5688.jpeg
    IMG_5688.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 9
Okay, I finally got it. I wasn't running the tag end back through the big buckle. I couldn't see the tree for the Forrest. Thanks for the advice and patience.
See pic post 9. I am not running the tag end back through. Using it exactly as shown. If I run it back through the big buckle it slips.

See pic post 9. I am not running the tag end back through. Using it exactly as shown. If I run it back through the big buckle it slips.
That is weird, mine slips with probably only 25 pounds of pressure when not going through the big buckle. But not any slipping when I run it back through the big buckle. I don't have a clue but may contact the manufacturer today. I had mine setup just like your picture and verified the strap went through the same way on the curved portion of the small buckle and no go. But while playing around I sent the tail end back through and no more slipping so figured I had just missed that step not being shown in your picture. The plot thickens.

That is weird, mine slips with probably only 25 pounds of pressure when not going through the big buckle. But not any slipping when I run it back through the big buckle. I don't have a clue but may contact the manufacturer today. I had mine setup just like your picture and verified the strap went through the same way on the curved portion of the small buckle and no go. But while playing around I sent the tail end back through and no more slipping so figured I had just missed that step not being shown in your picture. The plot thickens.
It's probably because you are in GA. and everything their is backwards,LOL.

Back