• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Almost there

Canyon Elite for the rappel/tether. Camo Elite for the lineman rope.
You’ll love it if you don’t already. I don’t see any cords for a back up to that madrock. Are you gonna add a prussik or other back up?

Probably. I still need a few more items. I have to read the warnings/instructions for use with the Mad Rock to see what’s recommended/required concerning backups.

Probably. I still need a few more items. I have to read the warnings/instructions for use with the Mad Rock to see what’s recommended/required concerning backups.
A couple feet of Beal 5.5 Kevlar will have you a prussik loop you can depend on. It works really well on the elite.

It’s 9mm so says the manufacturer but it’s thickness is really more like 10.5mm. Not exaggerating, it’s just substantially thicker than a real 9mm.
I came up with 9.4-9.6 when I measured it. It’s a pretty sweet rope for sure! That Beal bites it really good too!

Gotcha. I’ve seen it measure widely from 10-10.5mm when a caliper is put on it. (Not saying you’re wrong… that can probably fluctuate depending how much the sheath is compressed.) At any rate, yes it seems like a great rope! Great combination of strength, size, and color.

The canyon elite will act as rappel/tether. The lineman will be safety or backup if I need to maneuver around branches. Not too concerned with the bill difference. Thanks for the affirmation on the rope quality.

Back