• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Alps Outdoorz Pursuit Pack

EverettJ89

Anyone have any experience with this pack. It seems to have every feature I am looking for, and a lot of positive reviews on amazon, but it is so cheap comparatively to a lot of the well regarded brands. Is this price point to good to be true? Or is Alps Outdoorz really just an awesome company providing a quality product at a decent price?

Anyone have any experience with this pack. It seems to have every feature I am looking for, and a lot of positive reviews on amazon, but it is so cheap comparatively to a lot of the well regarded brands. Is this price point to good to be true? Or is Alps Outdoorz really just an awesome company providing a quality product at a decent price?

I have an it does have a lot of great features and adjustability. I like the pack but think it could have been made a little stronger. The stitching came apart a little by the one adjustment from syncing my ridge runner and one stick to the pack. There seems to be not damage to the synch strap or its attachment so likely just superficial damage. Another negative is I shoot the IQ pro hunter sight that is larger than other sights apparently because it does not fit through the neoprene stretch part when I pack my bow up with it. I can still easily attach just over top of the neoprene. Other than that great pack and the shelf is awesome. If you look at the backpack thread on here I put my initial thoughts and pics of different set ups attached to the pack.

https://saddlehunter.com/community/...-saddle-hunting-backpack-thread.22868/page-18

c0272d327134f0badc79f4e136fd8105.jpg

3ae5ab8f98d5d2b425e33addee0ca962.jpg

Sent from parts unknown

My opinion about their packs is that they will get the job done, but go into the purchase knowing that their low cost is due to low quality of materials used in their manufacturing.

Like I said they will get the job done, but if you are tough on your gear I’d go elsewhere. Ive bough a lumbar pack, alps pursuit and the impact turkey vest. No issues with the vest but between the little bear lumbar and the pursuit I’ve had a zipper fail and stitching give out with just a 1 season of use. Lots of people like them and their price is definitely appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks snake and Corey, this input was exactly what I was looking for, and I think I will be spending a little more to get the quality I know I will need.

Thanks for sending me to the pack thread snake, I haven't stumbled onto that yet.

Back