• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aluminum platform thicknesses

Samcirrus

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Hi, this is a quick question for anyone who currently has an aluminum platform. I can't find the thickness of the various platforms, only their width and length. I have never owned or seen one so wanted to ask if a few people could let me know the main platform thickness of the various common platforms.
If someone has already given the measurement of a specific one, multiple answers are not necessary.
Thanks in advance for your time!

Pretty sure latitudes are 5/8, I can verify after work if you'd like.

XOP edge is THICK.

I have a mission I can check too

It depends on the design. You won't find a standard thickness. The cruzr seeker is cast so the thickness varies. Are you planning on designing/building one?

For machined stuff:

LWCG - all the platform and stands except the 2.0 are cut from 5/8” plate. The 2.0 is 3/4”

Beast 5/8”

Latitude 5/8”

Elevated treestands 1/2”

For cast I have no idea..

Hi, this is a quick question for anyone who currently has an aluminum platform. I can't find the thickness of the various platforms, only their width and length. I have never owned or seen one so wanted to ask if a few people could let me know the main platform thickness of the various common platforms.
If someone has already given the measurement of a specific one, multiple answers are not necessary.
Thanks in advance for your time!

do you mean thickness of just the metal or thickness of the whole thing once folded shut (so it's bulk on the pack)?

It depends on the design. You won't find a standard thickness. The cruzr seeker is cast so the thickness varies. Are you planning on designing/building one?
Yes, but with a darker, lighter, and stronger material!

Back