• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Amateel Daisy Chain on platform

jhoward8821

Is anyone using a Amstel daisy chain on their platforms? I use them for my sticks but not my platform for some reason. I am tired of the noise I make no matter how careful I am while setting it up or taking it down.

I’m sure it would be as it’s purpose is the same as the sticks.

Let me know your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried it. Couldn’t get the top of my Predator to bite well using it. Check out the video @boyne bowhunter put out. Although I think he uses a 1/8th or 7/64th full bury rope with a spliced eye.

Tried it. Couldn’t get the top of my Predator to bite well using it. Check out the video @boyne bowhunter put out. Although I think he uses a 1/8th or 7/64th full bury rope with a spliced eye.
No full bury just amsteel with a spliced eye. I've used both 3/16 and 1/4 amsteel with a brummel locked spliced eye in the end using the timber hitch. On my second full season now. I can't imagine anything easier or holds better.

No full bury just amsteel with a spliced eye. I've used both 3/16 and 1/4 amsteel with a brummel locked spliced eye in the end using the timber hitch. On my second full season now. I can't imagine anything easier or holds better.

Thank you for linking this. This will be my new attachment method on my Mission platform. Those cam buckles should be outlawed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a truckers hitch style daisy chain attachment on my platforms. I go through the truckers hitch, then loop it over my button like normal. The force of downward push on the platform takes all slack out and then the cam action makes it rock solid.

Back