• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

AmSteel Ladder Aider

LarkHarrison243

I really like the way aiders like this are directly in line with the stick as apposed to off ot the side. Unfortounately I do not have access to any sewing equipment to mkae it for myself. I it possible to splice, or tie something from AmSteel or any other rope?

Attachments

• aider.jpg
    aider.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 264

My orginal plan was to make a moveable 2 step ladder aider following this video. But while looking for this video for you I might go with the type that cinches around your foot so its always in place.

I really like the way aiders like this are directly in line with the stick as apposed to off ot the side. Unfortounately I do not have access to any sewing equipment to mkae it for myself. I it possible to splice, or tie something from AmSteel or any other rope?

you can definitely do a single step by splicing together a "dogbone" there are plenty of videos on youtube. to get it girth hitched on both sides is kinda like one of those brain teasers. I'll try to find the video on how to do it.

to do a double step you'll have to get creative and probably sew your splices in place.

you can definitely do a single step by splicing together a "dogbone" there are plenty of videos on youtube. to get it girth hitched on both sides is kinda like one of those brain teasers. I'll try to find the video on how to do it.

to do a double step you'll have to get creative and probably sew your splices in place.
Thanks for the reply, I was able to make a aider similiar to what I posted a picture of. But by tying webbing, I haven't tested it much yet but I am still looking options.

Check out doublesteps.com DanO makes a standoff with a built in aider. You could prob order that and just bolt it on your current sticks. Just a thought

Can't you Brummel lock the Amsteel to the lower step?
You could Brummel a loop in each end of the Amsteel, take each step off and girth hitch each end to each step and reassemble.

Last edited:
I've got Dan's pre sewn step 2-step aider/step combination and it is designed great and well made.
Nice, I don't see a way to order just the aider which is what I am looking for now. But ill be sure to check it if I get a new stick

I make a two step aider out of amsteel for the muddy pro's/hawk helium'.

If you're interested in buying any or want to know how i did them just pm me

I make a two step aider out of amsteel for the muddy pro's/hawk helium'.

If you're interested in buying any or want to know how i did them just pm me
Sounds nice, I was able to make one out of webbing which will do for now. If I "need" an AmSteel one I'll let you know.

Back