• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another lone wolf assault build.

Erniepower

Vendor Rep
I have been starting at the bottom half of my lone wolf stand thinking "I can make another platform from that....."

Well you have to cut the back out of the opening, cut the base a lot shorter and add a lot of spacers to the post, but it can be done. Now I need to shorten the post, add a versa button, and some nylon washers.
7622b9aac705d3ebea165000e36555e0.jpg
b0bef8c6ab2d8099faa7bda5b7b3bf06.jpg
d5076b6ce29844d06606b2c195f224d5.jpg
778fe7015c283643e2454927a42359b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's the bottom platform. I already used the seat to make a different platform

Was that a seat or a cut platform?
It started it's life looking like this

While I was at it, I noticed the bottom of my sit and climb has the same features and with a little modification could do the same thing......
1a0a272161483219d3226f703e343089.jpg

Ok Ernie, you got us all hooked, again!When will these be available??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is having the platform on the bottom of the bracket making for easier setup on the tree? I struggle with the spliced rope up during setup. I ordered a lone wolf cam strap to try for setup but its back ordered. Any tips for easy setup with the rope sling?

Which seat/platform do you have? With this type, having the seat at the bottom is definitely the way to go. I am finding that a lone wolf strap with a boat buckle has been working the best for attaching this style too the tree.

Which seat/platform do you have? With this type, having the seat at the bottom is definitely the way to go. I am finding that a lone wolf strap with a boat buckle has been working the best for attaching this style too the tree.

Maybe I have more camover or something but I don’t see a need for the boat buckle. Half the time my strap is too tight to cam the seat!

I think you have me sold on carving up the rest of my stand. It has to be beefier than the seat right? Can’t hurt to have a backup anyway.

Ha, I’m in the process of doing this as well. I just can’t decide if I want to cut my LW post or my xop post. Already cut the platform and then realized the back needed to be cut free too. I’m excited to try the wider base out as I like having my feet close to the tree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha, I’m in the process of doing this as well. I just can’t decide if I want to cut my LW post or my xop post. Already cut the platform and then realized the back needed to be cut free too. I’m excited to try the wider base out as I like having my feet close to the tree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes....I've been waiting to see a wider base mod! I'm excited to see how you're project turns out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have one of your XOP platform kits with the whoopie sling. Once I get it cam ed down it's great. It doesn't move. I just struggle with the sling. I have a lone wolf strap coming hopefully it helps with my setup. Otherwise I really like the platform. Do you recommend moving the platform to the bottom?

Back