• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another New guy MICHIGAN

waterlooTrist

Title says it all. New here this forum and so far cant believe all the info on here! Amazing! only been in the saddle a few times in my yard. Cant get comfortable yet but have plenty of time to get there. While in the tree trying to get use to the set up and what not, I can see how a compound shooter and Gun hunter can get 360 shoots. but I am not seeing how with Traditional bows if i can achieve that. was wondering if any trad hunter have tips and tricks or stories to be shared to help out

From Michigan and I hunt with a Robertson Styk bow and a St Joe River bow. looking forward to learning and doing DIY changes to my hunting set ups.

Last edited:
Welcome from SE Michigan! I don't shoot trad bow, sorry can't help you there. Hope to see ya June 22nd!

Ill be there the 22nd for sure. im looming forward to it, the one up in Midland was my first time seeing a saddle in person. Got mine shortly after with lone wolf sticks. just a start. these get together are filled with information that just one wont do!

Title says it all. New here this forum and so far cant believe all the info on here! Amazing! only been in the saddle a few times in my yard. Cant get comfortable yet but have plenty of time to get there. While in the tree trying to get use to the set up and what now i can see how a compound shooter and Gun hunter can get 360 shoots. but I am not seeing how with Traditional bows if i can achieve that. was wondering if any trad hunter have tips and tricks or stories to be shared to help out

From Michigan and I hunt with a Robertson Styk bow and a St Joe River bow. looking forward to learning and doing DIY changes to my hunting set ups.
Welcome aboard, safty is the key element when saddle hunting. I plan on attending the June 22nd group and love to share any of my thoughts and answer your questions.
May the Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

Welcome Trist, I live in Greenville Mich and have been successfully hunting a number of years with an Ambush Tree Saddle and a 60" Super Shrew bow. I use a Ring of Steps on a ratchet strap to move around the tree. Does someone have a link to the June 22nd event? I attended the Midland get together and enjoyed learning. I have a new Aero Hunter Flex ordered. Anxious to see it delivered!

Thanks all.

I think the date is going to be June 22nd. Some where in South Michigan I believe.

Last edited:
Back