• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

anyone else see this? panther climbing platform

Interesting. What's the price tag on that thing?
I still see a lot of fiddle factor.
Says $400 in the comment section of the video.

Glad more are working to fill this void in the market. Not sure the post is necessary and wonder if it can be removed to save weight and noise.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Says $400 in the comment section of the video.

Glad more are working to fill this void in the market. Not sure the post is necessary and wonder if it can be removed to save weight and noise.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I would think the post is required to use it as a platform? Seems it won't take the side loading with out it? It pivots, so I imagine it's like the other platforms with just a bolt and washers in there.

its not a bad idea. the aider being away from the tree like that is not fun. cool to see they added a post to it. looks heavy though

I would think the post is required to use it as a platform? Seems it won't take the side loading with out it? It pivots, so I imagine it's like the other platforms with just a bolt and washers in there.
Post just makes it lock down tight. You can lock down a LWHC, so doesn't seem necessary to me. But some innovation there, so good for them.

Holy grail on these things would be 2 features: 1) easy platform angle adjustment from above, and 2) easy disconnect for passing limbs. You can do these things with most any climbing platform, but not easily.

I haven’t see that, nice. Thanks for sharing.

I see no benefit to a climbing platform; however, this seems like the closest thing to what people have been requesting. @kyler1945

yeah, me too, kind of

even though probably 75% of the trees I climb have no branches at lower levels, i usually try to get into branching trees if i can and prefer them

so, i'm at a weird point where something like this probably makes sense for me to use, on average, but i have a mental block towards actually using one versus going with the slower/heavier method that is totally flexible (my 12 strap on steps or 4 sticks)

i like going into the woods knowing i can climb about anything....instead of knowing i can more effectively climb my most common options

yeah, me too, kind of

even though probably 75% of the trees I climb have no branches at lower levels, i usually try to get into branching trees if i can and prefer them

so, i'm at a weird point where something like this probably makes sense for me to use, on average, but i have a mental block towards actually using one versus going with the slower/heavier method that is totally flexible (my 12 strap on steps or 4 sticks)

i like going into the woods knowing i can climb about anything....instead of knowing i can more effectively climb my most common options
Same. But theoretically a platform could be moved around a branch just like one sticking if done right. This is way better than the last one I saw that was just a disaster.

I’ve been using the LWHC as my climbing method and platform for five seasons. I haven’t seen this one in person, but comparing it to the couple other entries in this market, this looks to be the best by far. I really like the flip up post that will secure the platform to allow it to take side pressure. I’m curious to see if it will Fold flat. $400 seems a little steep to me, but I will be following.

Other thought is whether I have to be as heavy as him to keep the band from uncamming the platform. Will it be trying to bounce up on me the whole time?

Back