• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone here have experiences with Tooth of the Arrow heads?

bowhuntr09

SH Member
I just picked up some 175 XL’s, thinking of switching from my 200g Massai’s. Looking for real world feedback if anyone has any to share.

My real world feed back is a buddy of mine bought some. We were shooting together and the tooth of the arrow were crazy loud. Maybe it was his setup. Idk I’m talking like oldest broadhead I’ve ever heard. Had a whistle to them. He sold them before trying them on a deer.
Hopefully that’s not too discouraging and maybe again it was just his setup and they might work for you. Maybe the noise doesn’t bother you either.

My real world feed back is a buddy of mine bought some. We were shooting together and the tooth of the arrow were crazy loud. Maybe it was his setup. Idk I’m talking like oldest broadhead I’ve ever heard. Had a whistle to them. He sold them before trying them on a deer.
Hopefully that’s not too discouraging and maybe again it was just his setup and they might work for you. Maybe the noise doesn’t bother you either.
He probably had the vented. I heard they were load. I went with the solids.

They're super durable, I've had both the solid and vented and taken several animals with them for the last couple years. Buy the sharpener unless you can get the bevel right. I've never had issues with animals hearing them. They seem to open up a hole like a paper punch. I've used them in my Mathews, Hickory Creek Mini and my recurves.

I had the 125 grain solid 1" and XL last year. The XLs were a bit finicky past 40 yards, but the 1" solids flew really well out to 60+. I shot a 130 pound doe with the 1", 9 yard shot from 20 ft up. Double lung, crashed 35 yards from the impact. Holes looked about the same as an Exodus hole. I hated sharpening them and ended up selling them.

I was looking at those myself, the none vented ones. John Lusk did an awesome review on them recently. Crazy durable and accurate. Amazing the the size of the holes they punch out.

Back