• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone mess around with 3d printing?

7mmremmag

Vendor Rep
SH Member
I get to play with our 3d printers at work. I just took advantage of the ender 3 sale creality has going on. Anyone have any functional prints for hunting stuff? I see quite a few bow hangers for tree straps on thingiverse.

Yea I saw that group too. I'm a little scared to use the work printer for stuff. But they are cool.

Creality has the ender 3 for 174 shipped right now. I jumped on it. For that price, I'll have less into it with a glass bed, and the full upgrade kit than I would for the plain one at normal price.

For hunting related, I printed a couple broadhead holders so I can store them more easily when not on arrows. I also printed a couple hangers to go on my DIY versastrap for binos and range finder, but it was really because I just wanted to 3d print them. Had plenty of clips that would have worked just as well :)
I'd originally bought an Ender 3 Pro on sale for $200 shipped from Creality. My kids ended up keeping it busy 24x7, so I picked up another Ender 3 (non-Pro) on an Amazon flash sale for like $110 last year.

For hunting related, I printed a couple broadhead holders so I can store them more easily when not on arrows. I also printed a couple hangers to go on my DIY versastrap for binos and range finder, but it was really because I just wanted to 3d print them. Had plenty of clips that would have worked just as well :)
I'd originally bought an Ender 3 Pro on sale for $200 shipped from Creality. My kids ended up keeping it busy 24x7, so I picked up another Ender 3 (non-Pro) on an Amazon flash sale for like $110 last year.
I'm assembling mine tonight. Picked up a glass bed, all metal hot end stuff, capricorn tubing, and the creality enclosure as well.

@Psomeone is your resident 3d design expert. He started the saddle hunting group on Thingiverse. I keep my Anet busy. Always printing something. You'll find a lot of good stuff across the net. Ive been using PETG lately. I like it a lot. PLA seems to print prettier but PETG is close and has more durability.

So in one week my ender has pretty much been running non-stop, side from the downtime putting on upgrades (metal extruder, capricorn tubes with steel couplers, etc). Next is a microswiss hot end and recalibrating so I can print abs/asa correctly.

So in one week my ender has pretty much been running non-stop, side from the downtime putting on upgrades (metal extruder, capricorn tubes with steel couplers, etc). Next is a microswiss hot end and recalibrating so I can print abs/asa correctly.

Hey guys! Sorry didn’t see this thread. I print ABS for all the things I use. All you need is an enclosure, and the Capricorn tubing. Let me know if you have any questions about 3D printing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys! Sorry didn’t see this thread. I print ABS for all the things I use. All you need is an enclosure, and the Capricorn tubing. Let me know if you have any questions about 3D printing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are you printing on an ender? I have the creality enclosure.

I sure am! I built my own enclosure for the 2 printers that I own.

Do any nylon on the ender? We have done some at work (and peek). I might try it once I get the microswiss installed. I'm thinking at that heat level I may want to do a direct drive conversion.

Two things I wondered about:

1. Single arrow quiver for bow for walking in since I detach quiver and hang on tree or on pack anyways. Nice to have 1 quick access.

2. Camera arm for lightweight camcorder.

We have a couple 3D printers at the school I work at so tempted to buy some materials and use one to test it out.

Do any nylon on the ender? We have done some at work (and peek). I might try it once I get the microswiss installed. I'm thinking at that heat level I may want to do a direct drive conversion.

I haven’t unfortunately:/

I have tried polycarbonate but not nylon. I always thought guys did direct drive for TPU material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t unfortunately:/

I have tried polycarbonate but not nylon. I always thought guys did direct drive for TPU material.

That's one reason, I was just looking at it as one more thing to put distance between the hot end and the bowden tube. I'm sure the microswiss setup will cool just fine on it's own, I'm just printing in my house and don't want any chance of the teflon fumes.

That's one reason, I was just looking at it as one more thing to put distance between the hot end and the bowden tube. I'm sure the microswiss setup will cool just fine on it's own, I'm just printing in my house and don't want any chance of the teflon fumes.

Ahh I just updated to the Capricorn tube with the stock hot end and I’m all set and ready to rumble

Back