• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ditch the Ropemans and Try a Figure Aider (3D Printed Prusik/Distel Tenders)

Aksisu11

Vendor Rep
*You can now buy these at Doublesteps.com! Here’s a link to the page:

https://doublesteps.com/product-category/uncategorized/ *

Hey guys a few days ago I posted in the classified’s forum about some Prusik Tenders I designed up in Solidworks and 3D printed for some guys in the Facebook group. I'm calling them "Figure Aiders", thanks to some creative guys on the Facebook group. I've learned a lot these past few days/week on what works best, based on the system someone is using. The rope diameter is something I think is important, because the closer you get the Figure Aider's hole, where the tag end of the rope goes through, to match the more consistent you can push the prusik knot up the rope. Also, I've tried to dial in the carabiners hole on the Figure Aider, so that reduces slop between the two. I also designed up a rope slider that can be used with a Distel Hitch Knot, as some have asked for that too.

Figure_Aiders_Examples.png

I wanted to post it within this forum for one to share the idea, which if you have a printer I would love to send you the design for you to print it out. Two, I want to get some feedback on what you guys think of it. If you have any suggestions on what you think it needs, or you would change. I know there are a few guys in this group that use prusik tenders still, and I would love to hear what you like and dislike about them. Finally, if you have any other ideas that you could see 3D printed I would love to hear about them. I have a few crazy ideas that I'm thinking of, but I want to hear what you guys need or want to see.

~Aksisu11

Last edited:
My only question would be how do those hold up to abrasion from sliding on the outer jacket for the rope with tension on it. I don’t really have any experience with anything 3D printed but that’s just my initial thoughts.

Still new to this..what and why and how is this used?

Here’s some pictures, but basically you put the carabiner in one hole and the other you put the tag end of the rope through it. When you pull on the tag end of the rope, just like you would a ropeman, it pushes the Prusik knot. Basically, it helps it move easily because it is taking the friction off the knot by pushing it not pulling it. Does that help?

bca339112363040893ac3b77c1220434.jpg

My only question would be how do those hold up to abrasion from sliding on the outer jacket for the rope with tension on it. I don’t really have any experience with anything 3D printed but that’s just my initial thoughts.

How does 3D printed material hold up under prolonged hunting use, ie: temperature, moisture and wear from rope (abrasion)?
Great questions guys! It all depends on the material you use really. I’m using a material that is similar to ABS called ASA which will hold up to all the elements. The company I work for uses this material for prototyping exterior car parts, so it is able to take a beating.
Thos look slick I'd love to see how they work in a video. Theyd be a simple part to mill out of Aluminum
I’m sure that would work, and you could add stealth strips to quite the carabiner to Aider interaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you "seat" the prussic so its tight and grabs the main line(teather or linesman) how easy does the prussic move with something like this?

Once you "seat" the prussic so its tight and grabs the main line(teather or linesman) how easy does the prussic move with something like this?
Super easy! I didn't think it would at first, but when I thought about how a prusik knot works it made sense. I'm an engineer so my brain just needed to break it down to what mechanically is going on with this type of knot.

Basically the distel ones are plastic small diameter shizls. I'm pretty pleased with my tied on mini kong 8 but these would be something I'd look at if I wasn't.

Thank you very much for the visual and explanation..now i got to try one of these..LOL
i got to try everything so i know what will work for me
Glad it helped man! Let me know if you have any other questions about using something like this instead of a Ropeman

I use a Schwabisch hitch...similar to a distel just a different ending. One of my tenders broke and I need a new one...I have the predator rope bridge on my flex and the tether and LB are from tethered. How much for 3?

I use a Schwabisch hitch...similar to a distel just a different ending. One of my tenders broke and I need a new one...I have the predator rope bridge on my flex and the tether and LB are from tethered. How much for 3?

Just sent you a PM!

Here’s some pictures, but basically you put the carabiner in one hole and the other you put the tag end of the rope through it. When you pull on the tag end of the rope, just like you would a ropeman, it pushes the Prusik knot. Basically, it helps it move easily because it is taking the friction off the knot by pushing it not pulling it. Does that help?

bca339112363040893ac3b77c1220434.jpg

Great questions guys! It all depends on the material you use really. I’m using a material that is similar to ABS called ASA which will hold up to all the elements. The company I work for uses this material for prototyping exterior car parts, so it is able to take a beating.

I’m sure that would work, and you could add stealth strips to quite the carabiner to Aider interaction.

Are you going to put an STL up on thingiverse by chance? Super useful for us guys that have 3d printers... Thanks

Back