• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone try one of these?

We have a few threads going on this.

I agree with the price being up there but what's the cost for normal set of sticks nowadays? I'm just wondering if anybody's tried it, I'm not concerned about the cost of it right now...? Either it will go down in price, or everything else will increase and catch up to it... That's just how equipment is. I was mostly curious on the pins, and how tightly they hold everything together, whether or not they rattle... It looks similar to the bottom of an API climber or the old loggy bayou climbers, but it can fold flat which is nice.

I agree with the price being up there but what's the cost for normal set of sticks nowadays? I'm just wondering if anybody's tried it, I'm not concerned about the cost of it right now...? Either it will go down in price, or everything else will increase and catch up to it... That's just how equipment is. I was mostly curious on the pins, and how tightly they hold everything together, whether or not they rattle... It looks similar to the bottom of an API climber or the old loggy bayou climbers, but it can fold flat which is nice.
That is definitely nice. It looks pretty cool though perhaps it limits you to trees that a climber can do? Can’t pass branches etc? Makes me wonder about using the bottom of a mini viper and climbing the same way. Seems like the pins could be and easily lost part also. Not sure but definitely a cool idea.

That is definitely nice. It looks pretty cool though perhaps it limits you to trees that a climber can do? Can’t pass branches etc? Makes me wonder about using the bottom of a mini viper and climbing the same way. Seems like the pins could be and easily lost part also. Not sure but definitely a cool idea.
The advantages of this one are that it's under 4 lb as well, where the other climbing stand bottoms were near 8 to 10 lb which isn't a huge difference to me, but the packability is. I hate trying to be stealthy walking through the woods with a bunch of crap strapped to my back, or that sticks out further than my body, I'm kind of a skinny guy and the summit climbing stands although super comfortable we're just a pain to walk through the woods with. I would hate to lose those pins as well. You should be able to still go around branches with being tethered above it you would just sit and adjust like you would adjust a one stick, just have to make sure that it is attached to your body in case you drop it, as you would a one stick.

I would convert a summit seat for a near the same price and not that much weight. You would not have to deal with the pins either, it looks like if one of the pins near the tree that sets the angle come loose they will drop out but the tree strap you are good not sure why they are inserted different.

I'm interested in how it goes around branches. I would carry a secondary tether/turn my lineman's lanyard into one when disconnecting primary tether to go around a branch.

I'm interested in how it goes around branches. I would carry a secondary tether/turn my lineman's lanyard into one when disconnecting primary tether to go around a branch.
They said in the video adjustments cannot be made at height. I’d definitely be concerned about adjusting at height and dropping a pin lol. To be fair I definitely think they are on the right track here.

I like the idea as a modified 2TC climb but how do you anchor it once at height. Most/all of these climbers stay put by the downward pressure biting into the trunk but what about pushing off the sides or taking pressure off while sitting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea as a modified 2TC climb but how do you anchor it once at height. Most/all of these climbers stay put by the downward pressure biting into the trunk but what about pushing off the sides or taking pressure off while sitting?

The foot strap goes around the tree after you reach height to anchor it.

They said in the video adjustments cannot be made at height. I’d definitely be concerned about adjusting at height and dropping a pin lol. To be fair I definitely think they are on the right track here.

My guess is this is partly for liability reasons (?).

you could always use an ocb buckle/strap very carefully

And that's how you get 2 tether climbing!

3681246794bc1af816e79f9b88dfe536.jpg

I’ve got it. Here’s how it compares size size to the LWHC seat. I threw it on a tree in the yard and it bites really well. It seems very sturdy but I’m going to save my opinion until I get to hunt with it.

3681246794bc1af816e79f9b88dfe536.jpg

I’ve got it. Here’s how it compares size size to the LWHC seat. I threw it on a tree in the yard and it bites really well. It seems very sturdy but I’m going to save my opinion until I get to hunt with it.

seems awesome, if you can safely and comfortably go around limbs

i wonder if 1 or 2 strap on steps would help that?

get the climber under the branch, put a strap on step over the branch, put left foot on step, unhook stand's wire rope, step with stand foot to bring it over branch, reattach and collect strap on step?

Back