• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lightweight Barren ridge platform

I ordered one 11/12/21. Someone posted a video on it and when I saw it I jumped on it. I love my LWHC but it's not made for what we use it for so they are breaking on people. The Ascent 2 looks pretty awesome, it's made and tested for saddle hunting so before they go the way of the ropeman and safeguard I figured I would grab one.

I ordered one 11/12/21. Someone posted a video on it and when I saw it I jumped on it. I love my LWHC but it's not made for what we use it for so they are breaking on people. The Ascent 2 looks pretty awesome, it's made and tested for saddle hunting so before they go the way of the ropeman and safeguard I figured I would grab one.

Where did you see the video? Looks like it would be a good concept, don’t really understand how it would be used to eliminate the sticks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for sharing video. Very interesting concept, been hunting with my oldest son and I’m envious of his advantages using my alpha climber. I was originally questioning the noise with all those pins and joints, guess we’ll wait for the reviews. I can defy see this being a possible option to go with the normal sticks and platform. and surprised it’s taken so long for someone to introduce, now we wait till someone throws some carbon fiber or titanium at the idea lol

Brand new saddle hunting experimenter here. Just starting to look into all of this. This method looks like it would work well for me, but couple questions - one, can you still use a lineman's belt for additional safety here? Two, what happens if something fails and you fall and your foot remains attached?

Brand new saddle hunting experimenter here. Just starting to look into all of this. This method looks like it would work well for me, but couple questions - one, can you still use a lineman's belt for additional safety here? Two, what happens if something fails and you fall and your foot remains attached?

Yes you can use your linemans belt. You'll be tethered into the tree you can't fall. I'm not sure I'll used their method of climbing with it anyway. We'll see.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the price on this yet. $280 seems steep to me and I'm the kind of guy that doesn't have much hesitation pulling the trigger on good gear. Looks like it should cost less than $150.
The price is the only reason I haven't bought this yet. At this price I am going to wait for some reviews so I can make a decision as to whether it is worth it to me to spend that much.

I don’t mine investing, but it is a little steep. Maybe it’s time to take up welding again

I've considered doing something similar to this, using the foot portion of an old Tree Lounge climber.

Thanks for sharing video. Very interesting concept, been hunting with my oldest son and I’m envious of his advantages using my alpha climber. I was originally questioning the noise with all those pins and joints, guess we’ll wait for the reviews. I can defy see this being a possible option to go with the normal sticks and platform. and surprised it’s taken so long for someone to introduce, now we wait till someone throws some carbon fiber or titanium at the idea lol

I've made a 98% carbon fiber platform with a few aluminum teeth, been using it for 9 hunts and will do a post on it soon. It's my second version and already I have alot more improvements to make on my 3rd attempt this offseason.
I only said this because it's so light I use it as my foot rest for 2 tether climbing in practically the same manner as this...but it's as big as a mission platform. Will post some photos tonight.
My attachment method is a 2nd tether with carabiner and hitch.
However I have stopped using it in this manner as It can be quite noisy, so i just use as a regular platform when i get to hunting height.

Back