• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Apeman 12MP update

elk yinzer

SH Member
Well @bowhunter15 youtube review several months back sold me one of these and I picked it up yesterday after a good 4 month soak. Just thought I would throw in some of my thoughts.

My biggest concern, the demise of most cameras, the gaskets seem to have crapped out already. The internal viewer, lens, and LEDs were all fogged up. And it hasn't been all that wet lately. I assume this to have caused the camera to take zero photos after February 1, until, oddly, it took photos of me going to check it yesterday. And those photos were slightly foggy but not as bad as I thought. Not sure what to make of that, this is big woods but certainly in the course of those two months something would have passed through.

Anybody else besides Garrett pick one of these up? How are yours doing?

Photos are ok, nothing special. The fisheye lens is nice if you are in really tight quarters but makes those 25-30 foot range tough. I got a few mature survivors in a new spot near buck bedding, so pretty pumped about that. Seems this chinacam is probably a bit too good to be true, as I expected.
20180408_140345 - Copy (2).jpg 01-04STC_0009.jpg 01-19STC_0011.jpg 01-31STC_0013.jpg 12-31STC_0008.jpg

I will upload an update video later this spring. Mine is still working fine, but if you're cool with it I can share your pictures and experience in the video. Best guess is that it's a QC issue.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good stuff, yeah I have no problem if you want to share my experiences. I appreciate you doing an update w/r/t durability. I certainly don't blame your initial review, I knew going in it was speculative seeing if the $80 Chinacam with good specs would work out. And it does seem most of the trailcams out there are prone to QC issues. Although I tend to be lazy and just throw junk in the round file, I guess I should follow up with these folks and see how their CS is in dealing with it.

Here's another good one I got...this was a one time thing appears to maybe be a software issue of sorts?

Attachments

• STC_0010.jpg
    STC_0010.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 22
I always try to buy Browning Strike Force cameras although I did get a good deal on a couple of Browning Command ops and they work great so far.

Back