• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Application season

Bowtie747

SH Member
So I’m new this to application hunting thing. In my state (Ohio) it seems more simple. Maybe it’s just because I grew up in with these laws and regulations. So my point is anyone else find it to be a pain in the butt and also a little mind numbing? Obviously it’s not complaining because it’s my dream. I just didn’t realize how much work there is too it. Tons of hours spend staring at maps, making phone calls, calling biologists, checking rules and regulations.

Maybe part of my issue is I’m taking in a lot my first go around this year. Looking at several states and also trying to plan for the future with preference points. Trying to plan a spring hunt in 4-5 states at least and hoping to do some big game hunting out west this fall

Anyways anyone else experiencing this or experienced this when you first started?

I know going on one out of state hunt can be overwhelming so if you are planning 4-5 god bless you and good luck! That is a lot to organize and take in. The only thing I could say is keep separate notepads for each state to keep track of all your information and keep them organized.

You are one or more steps ahead of me I am just thinking about the process at this point.
Better jump on it! Some have already closed depending on where and what you wanna hunt. It’s crazy!

I know going on one out of state hunt can be overwhelming so if you are planning 4-5 god bless you and good luck! That is a lot to organize and take in. The only thing I could say is keep separate notepads for each state to keep track of all your information and keep them organized.
Haha it’s spring Turkey season! I’m hoping to do something like The Hunting Public does. Hoping to hit start in florida and work my way up as seasons open! Florida, Georgie, maybe Mississippi. Then do some out west mini hunt hopefully in South Dakota. We will see if it all comes together or not!

Hummm, let’s see. I’ll apply in my home state,Colorado and Kansas, Wyoming, New Mexico and Arizona this year. Not a lot but all are very different processes. Arizona is very strange almost like they don’t want to sell you a tag. Just be careful and read the regs before you hit submit.

Hummm, let’s see. I’ll apply in my home state,Colorado and Kansas, Wyoming, New Mexico and Arizona this year. Not a lot but all are very different processes. Arizona is very strange almost like they don’t want to sell you a tag. Just be careful and read the regs before you hit submit.
I’ve noticed that from several states, that feeling they don’t want you to apply!

If u don't want confusing than don't plan to hunt Florida....I still don't full understand all the rules
I’m looking to spring Turkey hunt there! It’s taken quite a bit of time but Turkey doesn’t look terrible. I’ve noticed some of the rules and regs for deer look crazy!

Back