• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arby’s Venison Burger

I wouldn’t get it again based on the cost; however, I have to say I’m slightly impressed. It had a nice thick burger patty like you make at home. And despite the sauce, pickles, and cheese I could still taste “venison” though extremely mild. Flavor was pretty good overall. I recently made some venison burgers of my own and they were pretty good. I think some sauce and onions on them would kick them up another notch. I’d say it’s worth trying once for the novelty of it.

Last edited:
You guys with elk are just concept testing new recipes, not wasting money :sweatsmile:

I understand the “no farmed venison” sentiment, and I think we all prefer wild, but I started hunting as an adult so I could get more variety of meat as the main goal, not for the sport. Venison was near impossible to buy. My views/priorities have evolved but I don’t have a problem with it any more than I have a problem buying beef or pork at the butcher shop. And in a pinch I’ll confess I’ve paid $30/lb for farm raised venison backstrap.

I understand the “no farmed venison” sentiment, and I think we all prefer wild, but I started hunting as an adult so I could get more variety of meat as the main goal, not for the sport. Venison was near impossible to buy. My views/priorities have evolved but I don’t have a problem with it any more than I have a problem buying beef or pork at the butcher shop. And in a pinch I’ll confess I’ve paid $30/lb for farm raised venison backstrap.

I completely agree and also, it’s just insane to farm an animal that in many parts of the country are in such vast numbers that they are considered a nuisance. Tax dollars are spent on snipers with tranquilizers and vets to sterilize deer. Insurance pays out millions for auto collisions with deer, etc etc. Two years ago I drove from mass to Memphis and back; We decided to count roadkill along the interstate and counted over 500.

I completely agree and also, it’s just insane to farm an animal that in many parts of the country are in such vast numbers that they are considered a nuisance. Tax dollars are spent on snipers with tranquilizers and vets to sterilize deer. Insurance pays out millions for auto collisions with deer, etc etc. Two years ago I drove from mass to Memphis and back; We decided to count roadkill along the interstate and counted over 500.

round up all those deer and send them to S Louisiana please.

Back