• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ARC Tree Ladder part 1

I just watched their video on this product and it looks quite promising.

Here’s take 2. Couple of things. A) I’m not great at making videos
B) the camera man is a 12 year old with a caffeine addiction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the video Fawnzy. After watching it all my previous impressions were validated. It makes even the most cumbersome strap on steps look simple. I will admit it's probably free of any metalic noise though.
I can't imagine trying to get my feet in those loops in the dark. Let us know if it gets any easier to use with more practice.

I will, When things cool off a bit. I imagine that like anything, with practice, will get easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine this would be a lot easier if you just had it in a sling bag on your front and just pulled it out as you went up instead of the over the shoulder craziness.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

A sling bag......edumacate me

A sling bag......edumacate me

This is the one I made, could probably buy something like it online.
facd3387c93cbdc385fae1e76b950777.jpg
34ca5b7476ed024a441d94e0ca522625.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Just a quick observation it seems when descending there is the potential to put your feet into the loops on the part over your shoulder. I might be wrong but it looked like it could possibly happen.

It seemed that way to me as well. I’ll do some more practice. See if it gets easier.

What is ARC's selling point for this rope ladder? It can't be light weight, ease of use, quickness of set up or safety. They must think there's some advantage to it...

Give it some time. Watch the video. He gets up pretty fast. That was only my second attempt. It’s quiet, secure, and a simple concept. I’m not going to shelve it yet. I’ll try it some more first before making a final judgement. Look at how many guys didn’t like spurs until they had a few climbs.

To be honest it looks like a miserable way to climb. Looks big and bulky to carry and just a cluster to put up! I’m a no thanks on this one ....

Not for me. I'll stick with my Lone Wolf sticks with aiders and Wild Edge steps with aiders and Reds climbing aider. If your happy with it that's all that matters . Everyone uses what they like and feel comfortable with if you like it keep using them.

I agree. My approval if it comes is for me only. There’s a few others with this. Maybe they’ll have other input.

Thank you for the feedback and the video review Fawnzy. We look forward to hearing inputs from the other early adopters.

The Tree Ladder does take a little practice and patience. The trade off is in the lightweight and noise reduction.

We hope you are able to tag something this fall using it!

Just now took the time to watch this video. Concept is fascinating. I am wondering if it wouldn't be easy to install with seperate aiders rather than one long piece. You would lose the advantage of the bottom being stabilized but you would not be dragging that up the tree. Trying to imagine climbing up a rough tree with a lot of branches and I would think this would be a rodeo. But I could be wrong.... I am not making fun of it I just don't see it being a practical way to get up any and every tree. Especially rough, forked and branched trees which I personally love. Steps/sticks give you the ability to switch sides of the tree or manuver around branches.

Waiting for more hands on opinions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back