• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Are I correct in my thinking on shrink tube for climbing sticks?

DMTJAGER

Was wondering as I can get very high quality durable heat shrink tube at work that would fit over my 1"x24" Beast sticks and was wondering if anyone ever tried using heat shrink on their climbing sticks as an alternative to stealth strips. I could even use differing sized heat shrink to apply 2 or more layers to my sticks.
BUT
I'm guessing the issue with heat shrink on a climbing stick would be after you apply it when you have to create holes to allow for the bolts to pass through the stick to attach the stand offs and foot rests it would result in the heat shrink eventually tearing and coming off and failing to stay put.

Thoughts and experiences please.

I ran bike inner tube for awhile, but it squeaks with wet boots. I haven’t been able to top Stealth Strip for sticks.

I have shrink-tubed portions of climbing sticks before, and it works well. I would highly recommend double wall adhesive 3:1 or 4:1, if possible for you.

Back