• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Are lone Wolf climbing stands safe

Been using a LW Hand Climber and Sit & Climb for many years the way they were designed to be used and never had a single issue and don’t know anybody else who has either other than a few that have been posted here. Really baffles me how these failures happened. I’m guessing there was some type of misuse coming into play there.

Tie your top and bottom platform together, tether off always and no problem. As for the climber failures I’ve seen, it’s all them being miss used. Hunt from your lone wolf with confidence.

Thanks , For all the replies. For years I used a baker climbing stand. Worked great for me. My goal is to use the bottom and my saddle . Also have a small platform I can use for a seat if need be. At 65 I need to be careful and be comfortable. That way when I take my nap all will be good.

There are reports of belts failing, belt arms braking, and seats snapping in half with use as a treestand (not a saddle platform).

You can search on google and find many to read and make up your mind about how bombproof the stands are or are not.

I'd be hesitant to call the climbers "unsafe" but I wouldn't necessarily entrust my safety to a guy going by @Nutterbuster :) or someone who doesn't "know anybody else" who has had a failure...telling you they're fine.

If you employ safe climbing practices and have plans in place to mitigate the dangers of a failure, then you should be fine.

Food for thought:

AFAF5900-A2AA-44A3-8F34-B75A3CFE617A.jpegF7C1C1CE-94D9-4643-BE13-623CAFD2A421.jpeg

Last edited:
A tip from Dan Infalt (I believe), who had an belt tube break:

E2CE28D4-879B-4EED-BBA1-D90EC3667F87.png:

Back