• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Are we losing Tapatalk here?

Allegheny Tom

SH Member
I noticed over on the Deer Hunter forum that they are "updating" their forum and that Tapatalk will no longer work because Tapatalk will no longer work with independent forums. Is that a possibility here on Saddlehunter? I would hate to lose Tapatalk.
Geeeze, I hate "updates". They are usually more like downgrades.

I would not doubt that. I paid for some premium Tapatalk a while ago. Then an update, and back to the ads and a wonderful opportunity to pay again to be a vip. Then one forum I was following on tapatalk would no longer work, and it was another paid app to see that forum. And it was just a “re-skinned” tapatalk customized with images for that forum.

I have developed mobile iOS and Android apps for my company for a decade. And I understand wanting to have a steady revenue stream with subscriptions. Programmers gotta eat. But it burns my shorts when I pay for something and the “upgrade” only upgrades the app creator’s bank account and screws me over.

I still use tapatalk, but will not sink one more red penny into their coffers! And they are not the only ones doing things like this. Some companies abandon development on app that was a pay for it one time, then miraculously, a different app appears with the opportunity to pay every month.

I don’t mind paying subscription for apps like onx or Gaia. They earn that by updating maps and the app. Nd they are upfront about it being subscription based. But when I pay one time money for an app, then find out (because I have automatic updates turned on on my mobile device) that my updated app no longer works or the functionality has been reduced and I can start paying every month for what I paid one time for, it drives me batshit crazy!

If it is true, I hope everyone in Tapatalk, and all their descendants, suffer serious indignities and has a future of living life working fast food and eating Raman noodles!

Freakin greed!

I tried Tapatalk but I don’t get what’s so great about the interface. Someone care to share?

I tried Tapatalk but I don’t get what’s so great about the interface. Someone care to share?

All forums in one location, with one login, with one inbox, with a seamless picture posting process without resizing.

I actually fell out of use in forums that didn’t support Tapatalk after I used it for a while. It’s the reason I haven’t posted more than 2-3 posts on the beast in a couple years.

All forums in one location, with one login, with one inbox, with a seamless picture posting process without resizing.

I actually fell out of use in forums that didn’t support Tapatalk after I used it for a while. It’s the reason I haven’t posted more than 2-3 posts on the beast in a couple years.
Same. Tapa is the cats meeeeeeooooowwwwwww

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I would not doubt that. I paid for some premium Tapatalk a while ago. Then an update, and back to the ads and a wonderful opportunity to pay again to be a vip. Then one forum I was following on tapatalk would no longer work, and it was another paid app to see that forum. And it was just a “re-skinned” tapatalk customized with images for that forum.

I have developed mobile iOS and Android apps for my company for a decade. And I understand wanting to have a steady revenue stream with subscriptions. Programmers gotta eat. But it burns my shorts when I pay for something and the “upgrade” only upgrades the app creator’s bank account and screws me over.

I still use tapatalk, but will not sink one more red penny into their coffers! And they are not the only ones doing things like this. Some companies abandon development on app that was a pay for it one time, then miraculously, a different app appears with the opportunity to pay every month.

I don’t mind paying subscription for apps like onx or Gaia. They earn that by updating maps and the app. Nd they are upfront about it being subscription based. But when I pay one time money for an app, then find out (because I have automatic updates turned on on my mobile device) that my updated app no longer works or the functionality has been reduced and I can start paying every month for what I paid one time for, it drives me batshit crazy!

If it is true, I hope everyone in Tapatalk, and all their descendants, suffer serious indignities and has a future of living life working fast food and eating Raman noodles!

Freakin greed!

I had the same experience a few years ago. I paid for the premium version. There was an update and they wanted me to pay more to have access to the premium version again. I can live without it. This site works fine on mobile.

I paid for lifetime no ads. I will be seriously pissed if it goes away here.

If the forum is not in tapatalk I dont get on it. I tried to be active on the hunting beast but can’t stand the layout of it. Oh well, I spend enough time on my phone as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is from the Administrator on thread about the update on the other forum. I have no idea how accurate this is, but when I read it I wondered if this would apply to all forums like Saddlehunter. I've never paid for Tapatalk . I've always just used the free version and, for the most part, I like it, especially when it comes to posting pics.

From Deer Hunter forum...
The big news here is that tapatalk will no longer work. This isn't our decision, tapatalk is simply changing their business model and are no longer working with independent forums. Truth be told, 90% of the time I spend working on the tech sides of things is fixing their problems, so frankly it'll be a little refreshing for me personally.

I got a message the other day that I had been grandfathered in at an earlier date, so they gave me a 6 month extension before I start paying $.99/month starting in May 2020.

Is there any other apps that makes forums in a readable format like Tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first I've heard about this. I don't understand why they wouldn't work with "independent" forums though. Aren't all forums independent and the point of tapatalk is to make them accessible in one spot?

This is the first I've heard about this. I don't understand why they wouldn't work with "independent" forums though. Aren't all forums independent and the point of tapatalk is to make them accessible in one spot?
I think they also sell hosting/turnkey hosted forums.

I also don’t understand what make a forum not independent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larger, easier to read text. And simpler interface on the phone. I never use a laptop or tablet anymore.
Just posted this screenshot in 5 seconds with no resizing. Doesn’t get much easier than that.696C6BB2-94F8-4B33-A354-7C21E23CE352.png

Back