• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Artic shield boot blankets

BigAl

I know, I know its July whose thinking about cold feet. LOL Well here goes. I'm getting older and have a condition that restricts blood flow to my feet therefore my feet are cold when others aren't. Thinking of investing the artic shields to put on after arriving on stand. I have a platform (podium), and was wondering if anyone here uses these on stand meaning saddle hunting. Thanks for your input.

Sure thing... Ice breaker boot cover on a ridge runner, but same principal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200702-133034_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200702-133034_Gallery.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 57
If you buy the boot blankets and still get cold feet, visit Wiggy's.

I used these last year on a small locon treestand. They are much smaller than the icebreakers (which I also have), and I would not see a problem on a saddle platform. I plan to use them for that purpose this year. These are thin and pack small. So, you have to use a chemical adhesive body warmer to get the full benefit. I stick a hot hands one right on the top of my toes. Lastly, the sizing on the arctic shields is way off and they are oddly shaped. I wear a size 11.5 to 12 wide and I bought the biggest size they make and it fits about right. I barely fits my lacrosse aeroheads (size 12) and I have to jam my feet in hard. Reviews of these things confirm that and I had to wait and order the huge size right from the manufacturer. Last tip, put these one first thing on stand. Don't wait until your feet get cold. I wear very light boots now because of these things, which is a huge advantage. I can wear 400 gram cabelas boots on stand for hours in 10 F weather with these things on. I'll probably run trail runner until November with these.

The artic shield boot covers are nice and warm. Even warmer if you throw hand or toe warmers in them. They are a bit on the noisy side though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had them ever since Cabela's open in Wheeling West Virginia. They did a demo with dry ice and leather boots and the one with out the Artic Shield was frozen the with was warm. Got a good deal on them and been using them ever since but the only thing I don't like about mine is they have velcro closures where the new ones have drawstrings. Great product.

I used these last year on a small locon treestand. They are much smaller than the icebreakers (which I also have), and I would not see a problem on a saddle platform. I plan to use them for that purpose this year. These are thin and pack small. So, you have to use a chemical adhesive body warmer to get the full benefit. I stick a hot hands one right on the top of my toes. Lastly, the sizing on the arctic shields is way off and they are oddly shaped. I wear a size 11.5 to 12 wide and I bought the biggest size they make and it fits about right. I barely fits my lacrosse aeroheads (size 12) and I have to jam my feet in hard. Reviews of these things confirm that and I had to wait and order the huge size right from the manufacturer. Last tip, put these one first thing on stand. Don't wait until your feet get cold. I wear very light boots now because of these things, which is a huge advantage. I can wear 400 gram cabelas boots on stand for hours in 10 F weather with these things on. I'll probably run trail runner until November with these.
Great advice!

I had them ever since Cabela's open in Wheeling West Virginia. They did a demo with dry ice and leather boots and the one with out the Artic Shield was frozen the with was warm. Got a good deal on them and been using them ever since but the only thing I don't like about mine is they have velcro closures where the new ones have drawstrings. Great product.
Thanks!

Back