• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Back pain

Cb1w2020

Hey guys new to saddle hunting and was using the saddle last night and everything is very different from sitting in a climber. I would say once I was lock it the sit was not bad. Last night after I got back I noticed a lot of lower back pain. I had the lumbar support strap and used it. But the saddle felt like it was right in by back the whole time. I followed the directions on placement. I eventually moved the top band down to my waist line but my lower back was killing me. Where is your top band when you sit back? If I lower it more towards my back side could that relieve the stress on my lower back??

Thanks guys

Just move things around until you find whats comfortable. Obviously dont move the saddle outside of a safe position, but the backband can go wherever you need it. Play around at ground height for a couple hrs so you can see what helps and what areas need more support.

Maybe your tether was a little too long - I find that sometimes I set up a little too long and even though I'm leaning away from the tree, my upper body is angling itself up slightly, leading to discomfort over time. Usually when I start to feel that I'll pull up maybe 6-10 inches and feel much better. It must put my spine more in a natural alignment or something...

if using knee pads/tree pad, while in the sitting position, your body has more a tendency to fall forward. can use a recliner backband but I’ve found it’s not really needed with this set up.

If not using knee pads/tree pad of some kind and more straddling the tree with your legs while sitting, your body will do the opposite and naturally want to fall backwards where the recliner back band really helps out. I find placing it as high as possible, tucked right up under the pits is the most comfortable for me. I also use a Flex saddle so that in itself is super comfy to sit in. Between the two, I find myself fighting off the need to want to nap a lot.

As others have said, play around with it. Play around with tether height, bridge length, back band placement, all of it. It’s going to take a bunch of sits to get it all dialed in and your body used to hunting out of a saddle. Hell I’m on my second season out of a saddle and just now feeling like I’m finally got it all dialed in.

Come to the light, the JX3 tree saddle light..............
Don't be afraid, you will sit from dark to dark very comfortably, be able to snooze when you want, no dreaded hip pinch, no back aches.
No platform required, only a ROS, no knee pads required, built in pack frame for carrying all your needs.
Come to the light, the JX3 light...........

Back