• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Back quiver for hunting

tmattson

What is good back quiver for hunting? Thinking leather.
Not sure how yet but rig up something you can also carry BH tipped arrow that is safe while carrying but also somewhat easy to access.
Thinking maybe some of those golf club tubes 1 1/4 inches wide that you could reach back and slowly slide out.

Also want one for just target shooting or stump shooting, hate having a quiver attached to my bow.

You want a reinforced bottom and a leather quiver that molds to your back after several uses wether thru sweat or oils. You can put oat meal in bottom to lessen dulling broadheads or foam peanuts You need to practice drawing arrow with slight movement and practice sliding quiver under your arm going thru brush but basically practice with it. I make and used back quiver for years and it’s very viable piece of equipment and also if it molds good the broadheads won’t touch that much you don’t want tubes of any type that way it won’t hang up. A removable hip quiver works great as well

Get a rancho safari cat quiver. Make the most sense to me and have had great luck with them hunting....a hill style quiver is tough in the woods. Asbell made a very versatile shoulder style for a while too.

Get a rancho safari cat quiver. Make the most sense to me and have had great luck with them hunting....a hill style quiver is tough in the woods. Asbell made a very versatile shoulder style for a while too.
While back quivers are great, I am of the opinion they are not great for hunting due to noise. The CAT quivers seem to definitely solve this and you can get them with pretty big packs and some are made of the quieter fleece material. From what I’ve read they hold up well also. Personally I have found that bow quivers can be quite small and light especially from companies like EFA are perfect for hunting. The arrows obviously don’t make noise and the grippers on the bow commonly reduce noise of the bow by soaking up excess vibration. Though if you go this option make sure you practice with it on your bow. You can get a quality American made 4 arrow bow quiver from EFA from 40-60 bucks depending on the model. I love back quivers but they are problematic. Another solution that typically keeps arrows in reach and not on bow or back and can be quiet is a field quiver that keeps the arrows together with a tie off.

Back