• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BackWoods Mobile Gear....new site, good looking gear

I really dig the versa aider. I don’t like the CAYG and decided I would turn it into a versa aider. I thought I was a genius. Until I saw Mike Isbell is already selling one :)

I really dig the versa aider. I don’t like the CAYG and decided I would turn it into a versa aider. I thought I was a genius. Until I saw Mike Isbell is already selling one :)

yep and they are phenomenal

I have a versa-aider from there in the way. Should be here tomorrow or Friday. Looks really cool and I don’t like aiders.

Hey everyone. I just found a link to this new site in other social media. Looks like some great gear.

https://www.backwoodsmobilegear.com/
He and a buddy put on a great FB Lifestream video last Saturday, I found out about it last Saturday minutes before it started when I was talking to OOAL about their new Shikar Mini and the Scout Platform. I wanted to know if you could combine them both for a sweet, compact and light one stick/platform combo. Both Mike and his friend Sean were on it and it seemed pretty sturdy. Sean is like 300lbs and has a size 14 foot. You can probably watch the video on his FB site. I got one of his versa-Aiders too to try out. He customizes the aider length to the type of stick you're using and its length.

You're still a genius!!! You came up with it on your own.... I say Menza Club for sure!!!

Great guy, great gear? Sat one of his custom saddles all last season! Also used his cayg aider (pre versa aider), his Daisy chains, and he modded my pack to carry my sticks and Predator!!

To use as intended with sticks that have a rope mod? If that's what you're asking, I would say yes. I used an aider with rope mod/Daisy chain sticks all last year
Yeah that's what I was asking, wasn't sure if the loop on the aider weighted would affect the ropes synching effect

Yeah that's what I was asking, wasn't sure if the loop on the aider weighted would affect the ropes synching effect
Yeah, didn't think of that. Might be something to ask Mike Isbell. They cayg aider I used hooked to the top step, not the versa button. Can't remember his handle on here, maybe hit him up on fb saddlehunter. Lemme know what you find out, I've still got a set running amsteel ropes.

yep and they are phenomenal
@enkriss do you have any additional photos or even a video with these aiders in uses? I'd like to pull the trigger on these but can't make out from the photo if it's going to benefit my beast or LW stick. As of now I use single aiders from a guy who sells them on this forum. They're nice, but not movable, hence my attraction to these.

@enkriss do you have any additional photos or even a video with these aiders in uses? I'd like to pull the trigger on these but can't make out from the photo if it's going to benefit my beast or LW stick. As of now I use single aiders from a guy who sells them on this forum. They're nice, but not movable, hence my attraction to these.
Hers a video from onestringer that essentially shows a cayg aider in use. The one I got from backwoods mobile gear is the same concept, NOT the versa aider, but I can't see much difference.

Yep, hats what I thought. Not the vets hanger as you said but same concept. Interested to get @bowhuntr09 take on them

i got out to try my versa-aider today on my Shikars. Like I mentioned above, I am not a fan of aiders. Having said that, if I were going to use an aider this would probably be the one I would use. I don’t have that feeling like I’m going to swing out of control like I have had with some. I did have a couple of instances where the loop did not pop off the versa button but instead just rotated to the bottom of the button as I stepped up. It’s probably me staying too close to the tree or just need adjustment on the belt loop tether, I haven’t figured out which yet. I’m going to practice with it some more. Jury is still out on taking it to the woods with me.

Picked two up the other day. One for a LW stick and one for a beast set. Since the versa to bottom step isn’t the same I went with the two stick match options.

Back