• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

spinal tap

SH Member
$450 TYD lower 48.
My crossbow is about 1.5 years old. Like all the crossbows above 400 FPS, this thing thumps. What sets it apart is value and the hyper series bolts (thinner diameter, thicker wall). The penetration is incredible and I don't know enough about spine and all that, but I don't see flex or oscillation like I see in others, at least to the naked eye. The six hyper bolts I am selling it with, are 0.001" precision, one of the nocks are lighted. That alone makes this an incredible value. Barnett is a Chinese made crossbow, but I think the quality is really good. Everything seems tight and precise on mine. It seems to me, you spend many hundreds, if not thousands more to get similar or marginally more FPS (which is unnecessary for most hunting) and no better accuracy. Also, the trigger came with factory upgrade 5 pound trigger. It's pretty smooth for a crossbow. It seems this year Barnett has replaced the hyperghost with the Hyper XP 405, which appears all the same specs, but a different stock. IMO, the hyperghost is a better stock and has a cool flip down lever to place under your arm for stabilization, which I find helpful if not using shooting sticks.

I would not be selling this except that I am looking for a smaller model for my 10 year old son. FYI, there is an add-on kit available if you prefer to use a crank to load. Compare to the hyper XP at $599, I'll sell this $450 TYD and includes everything you see including 6 hyperflite precision bolts (one lighted). I noticed in the pics the fieldpoints are a mix of my 100 and 125s. I'll change them all back to 100s for shipping to you.

IMG_4388.JPGIMG_4389.JPGIMG_4390.JPGIMG_4387.JPGpackage.jpgIMG_4388.JPGIMG_4389.JPGIMG_4390.JPG

Back