• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BaseMap hunting maps?

Bluegrassbowhunter

Question for ya guys and gals. I am currently using on-x premier and was gonna upgrade to elite for 50 states for a backpacking trip next week to Colorado. But found basemap it’s cheaper and looks like it has some good features. Does anyone on here have any experience good or bad ? Thanks !

I’ve herd good things about basemap. I rock HuntStand tho all states are free for like 24 bucks and the web version is sweet
Yep. I got started on huntstand and never could get into onx or basemaps. Gaia I wish I could like because it has the option to use a photo as a pin, which would be nice. If huntstand had that and Google earth pro's historical imagery...son.

awesome! Does HuntStand so private and public boundaries and stuff ?
Oh yeah you can look up any land owners you want. Shows the whole parcels and everything. Can show state boundaries then add them to your maps if you choose. Can share with other hunters easily too. Download it and try it out has a lot of the same features that most apps do but a really super easy platform to navigate.

Oh yeah you can look up any land owners you want. Shows the whole parcels and everything. Can show state boundaries then add them to your maps if you choose. Can share with other hunters easily too. Download it and try it out has a lot of the same features that most apps do but a really super easy platform to navigate.

Ok cool so pretty much everting on-x will do just half the price!

Does Huntstand have offline maps too? The price has me intrigued.
Ok cool so pretty much everting on-x will do just half the price!
Yes offline maps yes basically everything on-x will do but half the price yes. Basically why I liked it. Planning a few out of state trips so it was a no brained for me. There is little differences like said above. Like the saving picture thing on on-x is cool HuntStand don’t do that. But I don’t need a million pictures of rubs and scrapes lol I just put the description of what I’m looking at on the pin name. I think for the price you can’t beat it. No navigation on HuntStand either but it’s called a compass. Lol pretty easy to navigate when you know where you are and know where you need to go via pin marked. Just little things I’ve noticed but not a deal buster for me. Don’t quote me on price either but it is definitely cheaper then on-x. I think I’m close on price. When you start paying state for state on on-x it will add up

Yes offline maps yes basically everything on-x will do but half the price yes. Basically why I liked it. Planning a few out of state trips so it was a no brained for me. There is little differences like said above. Like the saving picture thing on on-x is cool HuntStand don’t do that. But I don’t need a million pictures of rubs and scrapes lol I just put the description of what I’m looking at on the pin name. I think for the price you can’t beat it. No navigation on HuntStand either but it’s called a compass. Lol pretty easy to navigate when you know where you are and know where you need to go via pin marked. Just little things I’ve noticed but not a deal buster for me. Don’t quote me on price either but it is definitely cheaper then on-x. I think I’m close on price. When you start paying state for state on on-x it will add up

Yea my main complaint about on-x is it’s either 1 state or 50 you can’t just pick 3 or 4 which is super annoying. Thanks for the input again!

This new HuntWind feature in BaseMaps is pretty sick.

I noticed it when I was doing some presets Saturday. Now have to go back and set all my preferred winds on my other pins. I don’t need to use HuntStand in conjunction this year.

Back