• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bear Divergent- Hell of a saddle hunting bow.

Matt Logan

D5EF39F8-6D0C-4D0B-AD73-21C928FCE14A.jpeg8F30DC74-9384-4556-9BD2-9D2F1E34B920.jpeg
index.php
For less than 600 bucks
The Divergent will give you a smooth draw, great speed, easy setup and tuning, all in a lightweight compact 28” ATA bow that wont break the bank. Very similar feel to a Triax, went from a mathews monster 80 lb to this short bow at 70lbs and getting the same performance with a smoother draw and more maneuverability in the saddle. The doe was my 5th deer this season, a 20 yard drop shot from my Tethrd menace. Taken 2 with my recurve and 3 with my “wheelie bows” this year so far. Thought i would share my experience with this bow if anyone was looking into getting a new one. I dont think the Divergent or a similar bow would disappoint up in the saddle.

Attachments

• 25DE730B-9C56-4519-B7B6-B671B47581FB.jpeg
    25DE730B-9C56-4519-B7B6-B671B47581FB.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 263
I had an unfortunate different experience. When I tested it while shopping for a new bow, the draw cycle wasn’t what it was cracked up to be for me. I expected more from the EKO cams.

What deterred me overall was the hand shock. Thing wanted to jump outta my hand it seemed. I chose the Hoyt Torrex over it.

But, I’m happy that you love your bow. That’s all that matters, and all that’s important!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
how ya like that menace? someone said its aimed towards bigger guys, what you weighin in at?

I had an unfortunate different experience. When I tested it while shopping for a new bow, the draw cycle wasn’t what it was cracked up to be for me. I expected more from the EKO cams.

What deterred me overall was the hand shock. Thing wanted to jump outta my hand it seemed. I chose the Hoyt Torrex over it.

But, I’m happy that you love your bow. That’s all that matters, and all that’s important!

I don't think the Divergent posted is the Eko cam. You can see the split yokes up top, which indicates to me that it is likely the previous hybrid cam version of the Divergent.

I shoot the bow that the Divergent replaced (the Bear Traxx). These Bear hybrid cams meet their IBO speeds (very fast), but the valley on mine is very narrow and the draw force curve makes it easy to relax a hair and have the bow want to take off. It is also difficult to let down smoothly for the same reason. It goes from full let off to a high holding weight very quickly.

I’ll add this is a 2019 divergent pre EKO cam, and i agree, quite a bit of hand shock...a good stabilizer and removal of the plastic grip eliminated almost all of it. In my experience any bow thats as light or lighter is gonna have some pretty noticeable hand shock.

how ya like that menace? someone said its aimed towards bigger guys, what you weighin in at?
I love the menace, it’s my first manufactured saddle. Ive hunted from a diy saddle for the 3 years prior. I am a lean, mean 170lbs soaking wet and 5’10”....So not a big guy by any means haha. Its big seat gives alot of comfort and its considerably cheaper than the others. I also like that its not a mesh material that can get caught up in briars and thick crap and potentially get torn up over time.

I don't think the Divergent posted is the Eko cam. You can see the split yokes up top, which indicates to me that it is likely the previous hybrid cam version of the Divergent.

I shoot the bow that the Divergent replaced (the Bear Traxx). These Bear hybrid cams meet their IBO speeds (very fast), but the valley on mine is very narrow and the draw force curve makes it easy to relax a hair and have the bow want to take off. It is also difficult to let down smoothly for the same reason. It goes from full let off to a high holding weight very quickly.
Yeah this is a 2019 divergent hybrid cam with 75% let-off

Cool stache
That was the on leave beard trimmed down to the buck stache my last weekend of vacation. Also had a mohawk. I try to live a little on my two weeks vacation the army gives me. 1st time ever having a stache, killed a nice buck.

That was the on leave beard trimmed down to the buck stache my last weekend of vacation. Also had a mohawk. I try to live a little on my two weeks vacation the army gives me. 1st time ever having a stache, killed a nice buck.
I have baby-face-ititus which equates to worst looking patches of peach fuzz on a grown mans face you ever had seen. I've always wanted a thick stache but it ain't happening for me. Wait, maybe thats why I haven't killed a nice buck! No buck stache - no big buck.

Back