• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast Climbing Sticks...... making them quiet?

Buckhorn70

SH Member
I have my beast sticks and I think they are awesome sticks. One thing I noticed is they have a definite ring/vibration to them, which makes them a bit noisy. It may be because of all the holes.

Any suggestions of dampening the sound, especially when stacking.

I have my beast sticks and I think they are awesome sticks. One thing I noticed is they have a definite ring/vibration to them, which makes them a bit noisy. It may be because of all the holes.

Any suggestions of dampening the sound, especially when stacking.

Stealth strips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just wrapped my beast sticks with camoform right where they stack on each other. This seemed to take care of 90% of the noise plus it locks them together nicely.

f8a02d4d7e1f46492667f3ac86619420.jpg

f92e48256f0a613656662ef0b711adc4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, what did you use to burn out the holes? I have been using an exacto knife and I have 2 sides of one done for an untold amount of time .

Soldering pen/iron. Burn the holes. Dig out the material with an ice pick. That won't make sense till you get started and then you will see.

Soldering pen/iron. Burn the holes. Dig out the material with an ice pick. That won't make sense till you get started and then you will see.

Went to Harbor Freight and bought a soldering pen for $3 and change with the normal coupon... have 2 sticks done way faster than the exacto knife, but you still need some free time . Works great!

Getting ready to put Stealth strips on - I assume it's best just to put the seam in the center on the back or should it be on one of the back corners?

I’ve always done seam center back. But with all those holes, wonder if corner would work...never mind just looked at them that corner is pretty sharp. I’m gonna center seam back as usual. Stealth strips come Wednesday....

Yeah, think of it this way, you only have a small vertical seam between each hole. Rather than one running the length of the stick on an edge.

Back