• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast minis what length cable aiders?

Wigion

Just finished stealth stripping and assembling my new minis. I was wondering if I could go with 18" cable aiders to match the step distance or will they get in the way of stacking? Thanks in advance.

Any length will probably work and not effect stackability. The key is mounting the cable aider to the top bolt on the standoff.

If it were me, I’d do the same step spacing on the stick with the aiders to keep things consistent.

Probably dumb question. I don’t own any wire aiders. Do wire aiders rotate up so you can tuck them up onto the stick somehow to transport or do they stay hanging down and you have to fold them up and hook them on the stick out of the way to transport them? Seems like they wouldn’t rotate but wasn’t totally sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably dumb question. I don’t own any wire aiders. Do wire aiders rotate up so you can tuck them up onto the stick somehow to transport or do they stay hanging down and you have to fold them up and hook them on the stick out of the way to transport them? Seems like they wouldn’t rotate but wasn’t totally sure.

Yes

Yeah they should rotate up, crisscross the aider and tuck it around the Versa button (if that’s what you are using).

These are 17” aiders on mini beasts, no issues stacking and they wrap around the versabutton to store.
7e0c9ebb24b9f3651be63ccca35c7e28.jpg

6fd4300ea09eb2c61a1722ca742733c3.jpg

These are 17” aiders on mini beasts, no issues stacking and they wrap around the versabutton to store.
7e0c9ebb24b9f3651be63ccca35c7e28.jpg

6fd4300ea09eb2c61a1722ca742733c3.jpg

Nice. So do you have to leave the bolt they’re attached to slightly loose or do they have like a collar thing they slide around on? Don’t know the right terminology there.

Nice. So do you have to leave the bolt they’re attached to slightly loose or do they have like a collar thing they slide around on? Don’t know the right terminology there.

The bolt is snug but not torqued down to allow the eyelets on the cable aider to have some movement to fold them up. They actually work really nice on these sticks because of the step having 2 bolts. The bottom bolt goes thru step and standoff and is completely tight so leaving top step bolt that cable aider is attached to slightly loose is no issue and wont cause the step to loosen.

Back