• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast or new lone wolf sticks

BEAST ...if you can get them. Not hearing great things about LWCG - if you're referring to those instead of the original LW.

Lots of other options as well, but I personally run BEAST sticks now.

Yes the new lone wolf sticks. I'm looking to get up with 2 shorter sticks up to 20ft. Would I be able too with 2 sticks and webbing steps?

Yes the new lone wolf sticks. I'm looking to get up with 2 shorter sticks up to 20ft. Would I be able too with 2 sticks and webbing steps?

I would definitely do my research - there are probably some threads on this site as well as The Hunting BEAST concerning LWCG. I'd read through all the comments, ask questions from those who have already ordered them, and do your homework before making a decision. Neither are cheap! I don't personally have any LWCG stuff, although I do have a lot of original LW gear.

As for webbing steps, I'd say 'it depends' on what you're comfortable with and you're personal preference. There are guys on this site who can do it with a singe stick, but for me, it takes three.

There are lots of climbing options besides sticks as well.

I still stand by my original answer - BEAST > LWCG, but you might search both sites I mention about climbing options if you're looking for a new method.

Hope this helps...

Off the rack sticks. Beast sticks are hands down the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitetail Experience YouTube channel has a video out comparing the height you can get with the lwcg sticks. I'm sure there's a way you can one stick and get up the tree with them. But if you're just looking to use sticks and aiders I would think it would be pretty difficult to get to 20' with just 2 sticks. I'm 6'1 and was using a moveable aider and 3 modified hawk heliums that were cut down to 24" (roughly the same length the lwcg minis are) and was getting around 18' consistently. I have heard the mini lwcg sticks are easy to handle and position in the tree since they're so lightweight.

To do that you would some how have to be able to reach 10' high to attach the stick. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean.

Yup. In theory, a 12 step aider and 1 stick will get you to 20’, but.....you can only start (and advance) with the stick as high as you can reach therefore in reality 2 sticks won’t get you much past 14’ at best.

I have no experience with the LWCG sticks, but if it were me parting with my hard earned cash, I'd be ready to jump on the Beast Sticks come August.

Back