• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast Stand Review

Mbuster2

I wanted to actually leave my honest review of the Beast Stand now that I have had plenty of sits in it. First off I'm 180 Lbs., ans wear size 10 boots

I'm going to start with the cons for me.

● CABLE CONSTRICTION

Because of how narrow the stand is, and where the cables attach to the platform, it really constricts lower legs and feet. Now this isn't a huge problem for me, but is noticeable, and when standing, getting ready to take a shot, turning around in stand. You have to constantly keep this in mind because they can make noise with your boots if they contact the cables (my cables and stand are stealth stripped and this still can happen).

● POPING NOISE

Okay, this is the one I'm still working on, and has something to do with the bracket bitting into the tree. It happens on certain hardwood trees where the teeth of the bracket dig into the wood grain, and when sitting in the stand and moving to the standing position, or transferring weight in the stand while sitting, the stand will make a pop. (ITS NOT THE ACTUAL STAND MAKING THE NOISE) It's very annoying! That being said, I think this can be fixed. I just haven't really quite narrowed down the way it is truly happening. I don't know if chamfering the teeth will help or not, but seems like it could.

● WET BOOT SQUEAK

Depending on what rubber you have on your boots (I wear lacrosse alphaburly), they will squeak on the platform surface.

Okay, now that's out of the way, let me say that I absolutely am in love with this stand. I've never been happier in my mobile hunting setup, and I can go for miles with it on my back. I have modified mine with a waist belt and use my backpack to sandwich the stand to me. The pros for the stand outweigh the cons and in some ways contribute to the cons. For eexample, the stand is narrow and stays inside your body so nothing is hanging out from the sides when walking through the woods. Which results in the cables being so narrow. So onto my pros.

● LIGHTWEIGHT

Let's face it, it's why we are even interested, and it delivers. It's like it's not there lol

● NARROW FORM

Just a dream when packing and hiking in to hunt. Nothing hanging off the sides, outside your body grabing limbs or briars etc..

● ROCK SOLID

This bad boy will be solid in the tree even with just the top strap used. No kick out just a dream to bownhunt out of

● THIN OUTLINE AND PROFILE

It has a nice thin profile so the stand isn't so obvious in the tree

● NO NOISE

There is no noise folding the stand or seat.

I've never been more exited and happy with my setup than now with this setup. I hope this helps those on the edge or undecided, and if you have questions please feel free to ask. I will be doing some troubleshooting soon with the popping sound issue, but I'm certain this can be fixed.

Sorry so long-winded but wanted to be thorough.

I also forgot to add to the pros one of the greatest pros for me is tree size and shapes. I've been in trees that are all shapes and sizes some as small as 6" in diameter or less. Also the bracket performs in leaning, and trees off canter and still rock solid.

In regards to the popping noises the stand makes. I do not think it’s all the offset bracket. I aggressively chamfered and filed the bracket. Still popped. I am pretty sure it’s the platform teeth. They are straight up and down. When the stand flexes the teeth slide making the noise. If you angle the platform awkwardly I think the noise may go away.

IMO… the size is perfect. The weight is impressive also. The noises are killer though.

In regards to the popping noises the stand makes. I do not think it’s all the offset bracket. I aggressively chamfered and filed the bracket. Still popped. I am pretty sure it’s the platform teeth. They are straight up and down. When the stand flexes the teeth slide making the noise. If you angle the platform awkwardly I think the noise may go away.

IMO… the size is perfect. The weight is impressive also. The noises are killer though.
I have made it pop over and over to isolate, and it seems to be coming from the bracket. I was looking at the angle of the platform because one day, I had the platform at a higher angle, and when I lowered it, the popping began, but that was because it altered the leverage of the platform to the bracket pressure. Lke I said I haven't troubleshot the situation completely, but it happens in certain hardwood trees, and it is a friction type pop of the teeth inside the wood grain.

Back