• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast Stick Mini vs Lone Wolf Custom Gear Mini

Country

With my recent purchase of the D'Aquisto .5, I really want to like the LWCG minis because of their packability, but my gut is telling me to buy beast minis because they're just flat out better. Can anyone confirm or deny these accusations?

I tried the LWCG mini sticks. They are well constructed... however... I just plain hate single step sticks. Also, I found the spinning standoffs and step to constantly loosen the nuts holding them together. It became a pain in the ass. I highly suggest going with the beast minis

Ive owned the lwcg minis and i currently own the mini beasts. Theres no denying the awesome packability of the lwcg sticks with the .5 but ive been enjoying the benefits of a double step. I really hope lwcg figures out how to make their current double step better and fix some of the issues people were having because i would like to have that great packability back. The beasts are just an all around good stick i just wish they packed a little better. Heres a pic with the beast minis on a .5. You can pack them vertical as well but then you lose the place to put your pack.

ca1ed6ca5b31281bc166b49e92fb714d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive owned the lwcg minis and i currently own the mini beasts. Theres no denying the awesome packability of the lwcg sticks with the .5 but ive been enjoying the benefits of a double step. I really hope lwcg figures out how to make their current double step better and fix some of the issues people were having because i would like to have that great packability back. The beasts are just an all around good stick i just wish they packed a little better. Heres a pic with the beast minis on a .5. You can pack them vertical as well but then you lose the place to put your pack.

ca1ed6ca5b31281bc166b49e92fb714d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like that as an option but that just looks like a nightmare with some of the spots I hunt. Appreciate the pics

I preferred the lwcg over beast. Both are great sticks but packability was more important to me than a double step. If you have the .5 id recommend the lwcg minis. Theres just no way to pack minis on that I was happy with. As for bolts loosening I hunted with the minis ALOT last year and had to tigthten 2 bolts one time about mid season.

I like that as an option but that just looks like a nightmare with some of the spots I hunt. Appreciate the pics

yeah trust me i know haha we’ll see what happens, theres a high probability ill end up with another set of lwcg sticks before seaaon whether it be single step or doubles. The lwcg minis paired with cable aiders is all i used last season but i like to try different things. Im not 100% happy with how the beasts pack.

I preferred the lwcg over beast. Both are great sticks but packability was more important to me than a double step. If you have the .5 id recommend the lwcg minis. Theres just no way to pack minis on that I was happy with. As for bolts loosening I hunted with the minis ALOT last year and had to tigthten 2 bolts one time about mid season.

I had to tighten them Atleast once a weekend.

On that video Dan just put out he mentioned a saddle platform, one would think it will be some sort of large or hybrid type platform, if he could figure out a way to make his minis pack with a low profile on said platform that would be slick, I also bought a .5 and 4 lwcg minis for this upcoming season, pretty slick system with my limited testing so far.

I did use the extra nuts supplied with the cable aiders to back the bottom steps. The tops just have one nut still

Attachments

• Snapchat-175310162.jpg
    Snapchat-175310162.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 56
I did use the extra nuts supplied with the cable aiders to back the bottom steps. The tops just have one nut still
Yeah i was going to say the only bolt i ever had to tighten on them was the bottom one with the cable aider and it was only once or twice thru the season. I mean it can happen on any stick with rotating standoffs. I had to tighten hardware on my ewo stick more often than the lwcg.

Yeah i was going to say the only bolt i ever had to tighten on them was the bottom one with the cable aider and it was only once or twice thru the season. I mean it can happen on any stick with rotating standoffs. I had to tighten hardware on my ewo stick more often than the lwcg.
It happens on fixed standoffs to in my experience. I personally have noticed it more on fixed than rotating standoffs

Could you put a lock washer on them?
Im gettingready to get mini’s myself
Packability and easy setup with those aiders are imho second to none

It happens on fixed standoffs to in my experience. I personally have noticed it more on fixed than rotating standoffs

With a cable aider maybe. Other wise that’s impossible. Fixed there is nothing rotating to loosen the nut up.

Back