• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast sticks changes 2019 to now

bigmike23

I've been rocking the beast since the Nov 19 batch and love them. Tried every stick on the market since then and I keep going back to them. I just got in the minis tonight and noticed a number of changes since the manufacturer switch. All the metal work seems much improved. All the holes for the socket to fit in seem consistent now. And I really appreciate how much less sharp they are. No more worries if they're gunna ruin my clothes or gear. Very impressed

Last edited:
I just got Beast sticks too just recently after waiting quite a while for the things I was reading about to be ironed out. I am super impressed with them. By far the nicest sticks I’ve owned so far. I was surprised at how much the edges are smoothed out and am very happy about it as it was one of my worries about them. Kind of wish LWCG would also follow suit. Maybe they will this year. Also didn’t understand the concept of the angle on the standoffs until I got these. Very cool feature. They’re also a lot more sturdy with really no flex as far as I can tell, which also surprised me. These are definitely keepers for me for the long haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup couldn't agree more. Love my beast sticks. I got four full size and four minis. Don't plan on changing anytime soon. I carry 3 with cable aiders. 6 pounds total. I would have to get 5 one sticks to get to the same height. Only saving one pound. Not worth it for the money. The beast sticks are just a super solid stick that grabs the tree like no other.

Yep. That angle on the back of the standoff's is what makes them so solid. Put weight on it, and as soon as you release that tension the standoff digs into the tree and locks in like crazy. I utilize amsteel daisy chains and trucker hitch them....Insanely nice setup.

Can someone post a picture of the back of the standoffs on the new ones?

Can someone post a picture of the back of the standoffs on the new ones?

736a129741931eee1d8c9e5aad9697d2.jpg

Love my beast sticks I have the full length one's but plan to order the mini's as well..

I got set of mini beast sticks like a week ago. Seem better than some other batches I have had. I really like them. Not a big fan of the straps though. Kinda soft and thin. Not sewn over on the end so it’s easily pulled through the buckle.

I got set of mini beast sticks like a week ago. Seem better than some other batches I have had. I really like them. Not a big fan of the straps though. Kinda soft and thin. Not sewn over on the end so it’s easily pulled through the buckle.

The best traditional straps I have found so far have been Lone Wolf straps. Haven’t even opened the beast straps yet. I just like to use the LW straps on everything. But I did also just buy 6’ AmSteel ropes with a loop on one end to try. I’ve tried them once in the yard and if they’re wrapped enough around the button they hold really well. Still a little more fiddling than the straps but a lot lighter weight. Will use them in season but maybe not all the time.

Yeah, that annoys me. I have an OOAL platform and the strap does the same thing. Otherwise, it's pretty nice to use. Such a small thing, but the devil is in the details.

I have two of the original and two of the new versions. When I use them I can not tell the difference in performance but I use the old one on top. The sharp edges make me feel like they are safer. I know.... it make sense in my head.

“You can add approximately 4 to 5 ounces for the "no hole" sticks. They are intended to offer a better price for a premium stick.”

They had the beast sticks on the site with or without holes now they are gone? Now just regular 24 and 20 sticks sold out.

They were under $80 when I looked. Some folks got a nice deal.

Back