• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast Sticks/Rope mod

Nathan450

Ordered some beast sticks, thinking about doing rope mods to em.. what’s the best rope to use and where do I get it? Just getting into this run and gun style looking for advise or pics.. thanks

You don't even need a rope. Just remove the cam buckle from the beast strap and use the buckleless method. That way it doesn't cost you anything and the strap won't roll down the tree like a rope has the potential to do.

You don't even need a rope. Just remove the cam buckle from the beast strap and use the buckleless method. That way it doesn't cost you anything and the strap won't roll down the tree like a rope has the potential to do.

Is there a good video using the buckleless method?

Only problem with pulling the buckles off is then you are severely limited to the trees you can climb because that shortens the usable strap considerably.

I use miniversa straps used as a rope mod.

Only problem with pulling the buckles off is then you are severely limited to the trees you can climb because that shortens the usable strap considerably.

I use miniversa straps used as a rope mod.

I wouldn’t say severely. You lose at most a foot? Even though I am presently running versastraps, I think the 6ft stick strap would work for me considering the trees I hunt out of.

I wouldn’t say severely. You lose at most a foot? Even though I am presently running versastraps, I think the 6ft stick strap would work for me considering the trees I hunt out of.

A foot from just the buckle. Then you need to take into consideration wrapping around button, half hitch(s) and safe enough tail.

A foot from just the buckle. Then you need to take into consideration wrapping around button, half hitch(s) and safe enough tail.
Good clarification, but the bottom line is that for my trees the 6ft strap seems to work, all things considered.

EDIT: and by the way, I don't consider them "small" trees. Call them a foot in diameter on average?

Back