• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast sticks

I am using 7/64" amsteel daisy chains and so far I like them alot.

The 7/64" Amsteel seems to be really popular. If you're looking for a turnkey solution that's similar, consider Tethrd's "Mini VersaStraps". Like Amsteel, they are incredibly light, they are made of woven (not stitched) Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) fibers, (aka Dyneema), and you don't have to go to the trouble to make locked brummels along the length. They're tree-bark grey, and they have a loop of shock cord on one end so you can wrap & secure the excess strap length around your stick and not have it flapping in the wind.

I use 1/4" amsteel rope mod. Highly recommend. I used daisy chain before and it worked great on some trees but was tedious to get the right loop on others if you were in between loops. A lot of people use the daisy chains and swear by it though, so its personal preference.

The mini versa straps were a little tight to get on and off the beast buttons. There was a lot of fiddle factor involved especially when trying to get them off the tree. I had one get stuck to a tree and spent 5 minutes trying to wrestle the loop off the button in freezing temperatures before just cutting it off the tree. I switched to the Daisy chain straps from eastern woods outdoors and they are much easier to get on and off the beast buttons.

I use the mini versastraps as rope mod. Not a huge fan of daisy chain style. I like to get the stick as tight as possible with the least amount of pull down. Especially with beast sticks. You don’t have them tight and pull down on them while pulling the bottom of the stick out to set them. You will for sure bend the tree brackets. Even setting them as instructed I have had them bend.

Back