• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beating up Giant Beavers!

Zero One Actual

SH Member
Makes me happy that dads still know how to beat up giant beavers. I’ve never had to deal with a giant diseased beaver. Mainly just smaller nicer ones. Anyone here ever have to fight a giant diseased beaver or something similar?

I know that Georgia Warden has seen some beavers in his time, so for him to say that’s the biggest beaver he’s ever seen really says something.

I’m guessing @Weldabeast has seen some large beavers down in Florida in his time. Or maybe @ShooterMike dealt with large infected ones in the Marines on certain bases.
Some of them Florida Beavers are next level large :sweatsmile: but most of them down here are hypoallergenic….. I think the heat makes the hair fall out

Makes me happy that dads still know how to beat up giant beavers. I’ve never had to deal with a giant diseased beaver. Mainly just smaller nicer ones. Anyone here ever have to fight a giant diseased beaver or something similar?

This is a rich vein of NSFW comedy gold....I'm just gonna walk away.....taking a lot of will power here.......

Fun fact I heard from my buddy Jan from Luxemburg that came to the US to study beavers:

Beavers dislike the sound of water running. Researchers think it is the mechanism that causes them to fix their dams and even dam things up. If you play audio of water running where a beaver is located, it will pack mud/sticks/debris on top of the speaker until the water noise can no longer be heard.

Last edited:
Fun fact I heard from my buddy Jan from Luxemburg that came to the US to study beavers:

Beavers dislike the sound of water running. Researchers think it is the mechanism that causes them to fix their dams and even dam things up. If you play audio of water running where a beaver is located, it will pack mud/sticks/debris on top of the speaker until the water noise can no longer be heard.
He..... came to the US..... to study beavers.....

Did he find out which kind are his favorite?

We are just talking about the beaver not the the entire dam….. 50 lbs seems pretty big to me :sweatsmile:
Northern beavers get huge. 50lbs is avg... meat clean as the icy glacier water they soak in.
the farther south you go the warmer a beaver gets. And weve all had a wiff or two of a swampy beaver at the end of a hot summer day. words like diseased and rabies come to mind. No matter where you are in north america though, they love their wood.

*Beaver backstrap is still my favorite wild game.

Northern beavers get huge. 50lbs is avg... meat clean as the icy glacier water they soak in.
the farther south you go the warmer a beaver gets. And weve all had a wiff or two of a swampy beaver at the end of a hot summer day. words like diseased and rabies come to mind. No matter where you are in north america though, they love their wood.

*Beaver backstrap is still my favorite wild game.
Yep, I'm right there with you... nothing better than eating beaver!
Better than Beef that's for sure!

Back