• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bent Wild Edge Step

Andrew

Anyone had any issues with their WE step’s standoffs bending inward. I’m not sure when it happened, but was practicing the other day, and was having trouble getting one to set solid. Then I noticed one of the standoffs had bent inward 10-20 degrees. Wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. Contact Wildedgeinc but haven’t heard from them. Thoughts?

Edit: Having trouble posting pictures??

Decently common. Throughout this season I’ve had to bend a few back. I just clamped it in a vise and bent it back with channel locks

Decently common. Throughout this season I’ve had to bend a few back. I just clamped it in a vise and bent it back with channel locks

Yeah that was what I was thinking. Just wanted to be sure I wasn’t doing something wrong that caused it. Figure bending it back would be pretty straight forward. Thanks.

Yeah that was what I was thinking. Just wanted to be sure I wasn’t doing something wrong that caused it. Figure bending it back would be pretty straight forward. Thanks.
I get them pretty tight but haven’t been able to bend one. My hand position varies depending on how high I’m serting them but I’m always grabbing them close to the crossbar and lifting up on the standoffs while sort of rolling the bottom toward the tree. I could see them bending easier if you’re just pushing down and toward the tree closer to the point of the v. Then again I may bend every one of mine the next time out.

what KYHunter said make sure when you cam them both legs are on the tree. if the rope is to tight it will bend the step if you pull hard enough
Yeah I think this is what I did. Had all the force on one of the standoffs. Just got done bending it back into place. Works fine now. Good as new! Thanks!

Anyone had any issues with their WE step’s standoffs bending inward. I’m not sure when it happened, but was practicing the other day, and was having trouble getting one to set solid. Then I noticed one of the standoffs had bent inward 10-20 degrees. Wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. Contact Wildedgeinc but haven’t heard from them. Thoughts?

Edit: Having trouble posting pictures??
Wow. Got me curious if this happens with the primal steps too. I've never had either one but was gonna buy one to experiment with...

I will have to keep an eye on mine you might want to mark that one and keep an eye on it I would be weary about bending the same one back multiple times.

Wow. Got me curious if this happens with the primal steps too. I've never had either one but was gonna buy one to experiment with...
I’ve had two Primal Steps bend over the course of this season. Both straighten out ok, still using them

I have bent many of my Primal steps. They bend back pretty easy. I have never had the WE steps but from talking to other people I think the Primal steps bend easier than the WE steps. I'm sure the primal are cheaper metal which is why they cost less.

It's a good thing to keep an eye on. I think i'll take out my set and put them on a flat surface to get a good look at them. Good info too, to be aware when I'm camming them over to make sure both stand offs are in contact with the tree, so i don't bend one.

Back