• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best Knee Pads

I have posted this in other threads. For the price and what you get, they are amazing. YOU get all the pockets you need for everything saddle hunting related and you get integrated knee pads. I am 6'5, 240 and have zero issues with these pants. Plus, if they get trashed or covered in blood or whatever, just get another pair for a little bit more than some knee pads alone.

I personally like the foam tough guards from Walmart, but I did replace the strap with a clip connect vs the Velcro they come with.. They are really comfy, quiet, lite, and dirt cheap, like $5! I have 2 pair and like using them any time I’m jacking up a car or truck.

Anyone try construction knee pads?

No Cry Knee Pads
I haven’t tried them but they look like they would work. They are flat across the knee and contoured on the sides which I personally like better than completely rounded pads and I bet the groves on the plastic won’t slip on the bark. It says gel style foam which is usually comfy. If you try them out, let me know what you think of them

I really like the latitude the best. The Trophylines are second.
I wasn’t a fan of the Tethrd knee pads

I'm happy with the Trophyline. These are sticky on the bark and quiet, also very light. Therefore you can walk miles with it. They will stay in place and will not slip down.
Will try the Tethrd next, just to check out the gel pad. You cannot have too much padding.

I’d think anything that did NOT have a hard plastic shield should be fine. Obviously hard plastic or metal is not gonna grip a tree at all. A gel or foam face should grip enough for nominal side pressure.
While I scratch my head at the money spent on something so simple (& cheap)as knee pads, there is no doubt I NEED them! I pretty much have backup knee pads like a backup release and don’t leave home without them!

I found that if you are a sitter or plan on spending any significant time with your knee into the tree. A hard shell is a must. I found every set of soft ones I tried, trophyline, latitude etc… after a short time I felt every bump and dip in the tree bark and it was not comfortable. Trade off being the hardshell is not as stable against the tree if you are trying to steady yourself for a shot. More likely to slide off to one side or the other.

Anyone try construction knee pads?

No Cry Knee Pads
Mine aren't exactly like these but pretty close. I've tried the Trophyline pads but the ones similar to those shown here are better, in my opinion. One thing to avoid is Velcro anywhere on the straps. The straps on mine are just like the ones n the No Cry Pads. For $25, I doubt you can go wrong. Also, check to see what is available at Lowe's or Menards. That's where I got mine and in my opinion, they're as good as it gets.

I use the arc'teryx knee caps, they are very comfortable, quiet and grip the tree. I pit them on as soon as I leave the truck and forget I even have them on. They are however extremely expensive. I had a pair prior to saddle hunting so I figured I would try them in the tree

Somebody on here turned me on to these AltaContour 360s with vibram. Said they are the same as the Latitudes. They do look the same. I couldn’t tell you as I don’t have experience with the Latitudes but I did get these a month or so ago and love them. I definitely like them better then the Trophylines I have although I haven’t had long sits with them yet. I liked the Trophyline ones but as mentioned above, with the not as wide soft cap it would get uncomfortable after awhile and the hard plastic cap is noisy and not grippy. I got these on Evike with a coupon, think I paid $40ish in multicam

Attachments

• 07F9F715-63E4-4CDC-93F6-05876C98F7DB.png
    07F9F715-63E4-4CDC-93F6-05876C98F7DB.png
    805.1 KB · Views: 113
Back