• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best (pants) belt? Rope replacement?

scottprice

My leather belt is thick as hell and digs into me while in the saddle. I’m looking into one of the thin webbing belts with 5% elastic, they are really thin. Preferably one of the belts without a regular buckle, maybe one of the magnetic ones, or one of the ones with a buckle similar to the AeroHunter buckles… what do you guys wear??

As far as ropes, how often are you replacing your tether and lineman’s rope

First light has one on there website. Says it has flex in it and very small buckle on it. I was thinking of trying one. Also comes in a couple sizes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This has done well for me. It’s my all around outdoor sport belt. It May be more elastic than you’re asking for.

First light has one on there website. Says it has flex in it and very small buckle on it. I was thinking of trying one. Also comes in a couple sizes.

I wish they would show how that buckle works

I wish they would show how that buckle works
Same concern I had. I can't stand a buckle that slips as you wear it also. But if you catch it on a sale, might be worth a shot. I do have a set of there suspenders and like them alot. Small, great flex and can't tell you have them on.

My leather belt is thick as hell and digs into me while in the saddle. I’m looking into one of the thin webbing belts with 5% elastic, they are really thin. Preferably one of the belts without a regular buckle, maybe one of the magnetic ones, or one of the ones with a buckle similar to the AeroHunter buckles… what do you guys wear??

As far as ropes, how often are you replacing your tether and lineman’s rope

strapworks has ultrathin webbing belts with plastic buckle that cam locks and stays put, also cheap enough to get several

i also made a few belts out of extra cobra and raptor 1 inch buckles i had and used 1 inch tubular climb spec webbing

i sometimes use them to back up my saddle, since everything is weight rated

you can make these by bar tacking with a regular sewing machine

I have the FL stretchy web belt. It's great, buckle holds tight and it's thin and comfortable. Order the larger size though.

However, I haven't been wearing it hunting. Got the Argali Kodiak belt as well, and that one has been my mainstay. It is very unique in that it has a full knife sharpening system built into the buckle. Great if you have to touch up a knife or broadhead way back in the bush. It's works well with backcountry packs and was designed for that. You can see it here: https://argalioutdoors.com/products/kodiak-belt

And you can seen an online review on YT here:

Last edited:
View attachment 58376
I have that belt & love it , little stretch but not so much as to take away from function
Nice! I've never seen one in person, from your pic I can see its a little wider then I was thinking from pics on the site. Good to know.

I primarily buy my belts for concealed carry and have tried a lot. The best belt overall I have found so far is the Nexbelt. Their EDC belts are great. Another tip if you don’t like the buckle up front is to start threading your belt a loop or two to the side so the buckle ends up on the side.

Nexbelt

TX5 belt gets my vote.

I prefer the strapworks with the plastic cam buckle. Cheap lightweight and you can rotate the buckle off to the side easily without unbuckling if it’s digging in at all

There was a post on this topic not long ago with several suggestions in it. https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/wearing-a-belt.42797/

I bought the Marsupial Gear belt linked in post #9. I've been wearing it for a couple weeks and really like it, and it's only $25.
+1. Their simple, little stretch, inexpensive, American build in AZ, and one 1.5"G hook is the only metal on it. Definitely my favorite belt now. Ordered on a Monday and showed up Thursday.

On another note, I also needed an extra 1.5 G hook to swap out on my pac seat (didn't work that well) and he threw that in with it, as those are hard to source that size without waiting on it to ship from China. Quality products and customer support.

Back