• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best, quickest option....

Live2huntt

I am assuming it is going to be a while before I receive my Mantis(ordered a L in early July). What options do I have to get me in a saddle in the mean time? Season starts next Saturday. I already have a rock climbing harness and about 10' of tubular webbing. I thought about just using the RCH, but it starts getting uncomfortable after about 30-45 mins. It looks like a sit drag has about a 2 week lead time according to Amazon. Are there any other options out there to have me ready in a week? I guess I should also add the cheapest since I will eventually get a Mantis.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am assuming it is going to be a while before I receive my Mantis(ordered a L in early July). What options do I have to get me in a saddle in the mean time? Season starts next Saturday. I already have a rock climbing harness and about 10' of tubular webbing. I thought about just using the RCH, but it starts getting uncomfortable after about 30-45 mins. It looks like a sit drag has about a 2 week lead time according to Amazon. Are there any other options out there to have me ready in a week? I guess I should also add the cheapest since I will eventually get a Mantis.

Try sit drag direct. They have a website. Not the prettiest thing but I remember getting my sitdrag in a couple of business days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Me and you both brother. I have been very excited to saddle hunt this year, but also ordered a large. I’m afraid if I go back to hunting my lone wolfs the beggining of this year I’ll stick to my old treestand ways as I have them down pat pretty good. They’re quiet and I can strap my clothes and bow to it.

Get some fleece you can make one yourself for less than 10 bucks. Cut out a square, note the direction of the stretch, whip the ends and ur done. I wouldn't use a fleece saddle without the rock climbing harness, also when you hook up the fleece and transfer your weight keep your RCH connected.

https://theultimatehang.com/2013/10/29/make-hammock-3-minutes/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Get some fleece you can make one yourself for less than 10 bucks. Cut out a square, note the direction of the stretch, whip the ends and ur done. I wouldn't use a fleece saddle without the rock climbing harness, also when you hook up the fleece and transfer your weight keep your RCH connected.

https://theultimatehang.com/2013/10/29/make-hammock-3-minutes/

Donnie is exactly right. Here is an older thread that explains in more detail.

https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/the-ultimate-ultralight-saddle.2358/

I bought direct from the company and got mine within a couple of days. He even upgraded me to the package instead of just the sit-drag, and sent a couple of personalized emails. I'd definitely buy direct instead of through Amazon or the like.

Only problem that I can think of us with a sitdrag you need to mod it up, fleece might be easier in the long run. I love my sitdrag don't get me wrong, just not sure what about time and effort.

My sitdrag is completely stock with a 28” spliced Amsteel bridge
But I use a linesman’s belt inside a molle belt that holds all my stuff an works as my back brace. My sitdrag is only a seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@d_rek is hooking me up with a sit drag he had....Even spliced an amsteel bridge on it for me so it's ready to go when it gets here. I will be taking my 7 year old hunting next weekend so I will have a couple extra days to get used to it before I start hunting. Thanks for all the input guys, and especially thanks to @d_rek!!!

Only problem that I can think of us with a sitdrag you need to mod it up, fleece might be easier in the long run. I love my sitdrag don't get me wrong, just not sure what about time and effort.

My sitdrag is stock with a 24” webbing bridge. It works great.

Sitdrag with adjustable amsteel bridge and a little stealth strips on the ends is all I’ve ever needed.
IMG_2310.JPG

Back