• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Woodboogers....?!

fbwguy

Staff member
SH Member
Ok guys, Are you a believer? Here's my account, I'm laying it out there, never really told anyone other than very close friends and family.
A little background first. My land borders 48,188 acres of a federal military training post for the National Guard. It's heavily wooded and towards my place is a large area that is not used by people because it's the impact area for artillery and tank rounds. In the 1998 we bought a few acres, put a mobile home in to live in while we built a house. We had several things that were not explainable happen. I wont bore you with the details but several were weird. We had a fearless Australian Sheppard/ Chow mix, she was incredible at protecting the kids and keeping everything away from our house. One night at about 8 pm I found her on the roof of her very large doghouse whimpering and would not come down. She was shaking all over and I had to carry her inside of our house. Did'nt give it alot of thought till about 10 pm. As my wife and I were getting ready for bed, something smacked the back side of the house so hard it rocked it. I immediately got dressed and went out the back door. The vinyl siding was cracked at about 7' up near the living room window. There was no one around and no noises at all. Just dead silence. Scared us but we convinced ourselves it was probably some pranking kids that were hiding in the woods near by. Fast forward about a year, we were working on the new house and garage.We have a long open field that tapers down to road that we access the woods by. I was cutting lumber and looked up towards the back of our property. I saw a large brown upright person cross the edge of the field and walk into our woods. It was about 150 yards away, and i saw it from the waist up. The whole sighting lasted maybe 2 seconds, and I shouted at the person. No response and he didn't stop. my wife didn't see anyone, and she stayed there as I ran to where i saw it walk into the woods. Nothing... no sign of anyone or anything. It was then I realized the grass and weeds in this field were up to my chest, and I clearly saw this thing from the waist up! I spent years trying to convince myself that I didn't see anything, and my wife said it was probably a horse, but it was always on my mind. In 2011 the TV show Finding Bigfoot came on. It made me start to contemplate what I saw. I started researching sighting in Arkansas, and was amazed that there was a sighting by a hunter 5 miles from my house 2 months after my incident. There were also footprints that were cast at a place called Grassy Lake. This was 7 miles from my house due west. I've never put it out of my mind, and honestly I still think about it every time I hunt. What would I do, if I see it again. Would I shoot it? Would I report it?
Interesting side note... Recently the government has started using helicopters at night on the Military Base. The were shooting at random, not automatic fire but very sporadic. I called the base and they said it's wild pig irradiation!!!! Hmmmm I have been hunting this area since 1998 and have never ever seen a pig or any sign of wild hogs. Well guys, how about you? Any believers?

While I have never seen a bigfoot, I have however been yelled at by something in the woods. I was hunting a 40 acre parcel that butts up to hundreds of acres of farms and woods. I was walking through a creek and coming up the top of the small hill when something made a yell, growl that not only quieted the woods down but it echoed into my chest. I then heard loud branches cracking. I was carrying my bow and had my .45 on me in a chest holster. I believe that right then I felt that this might be a bigfoot...I was crouched, squatting down with my .45 in my hand. I then said in a loud voice, "I mean you no harm, I'm only here to get deer. I am heading off in that direction and hope you go the other direction." I did hear what I thought to be noises going away from me but my senses at this time was such that I could have been a mouse farting 100 yards away and i would have heard it. I have been an outdoorsman for as long as I can remember. I am a combat vet (Desert Storm) with 3rd Btn/9th Marines and also the Kansas Army National Guard for over ten years in the infantry. I've heard all types of animals and seen them out in the woods. I have never, ever heard anything remotely like this sound and the sound...it was like standing behind a jet engine with the sound waves hitting you. I felt it in my chest (the sound). I didn't see anything in the woods that morning...not even a squirrel, bird...or bug. Nothing...it was like all animals were hunkered down. I continued to hunt this land for about 7 years after, but no other incidents.

As I've stated before I generally hunt a place called Uwharrie National Forest. If you Google it you will most likely come across stuff about bigfoot. I have never seen anything but I've had weird stuff happen a few times. I have been a mile back at 4am alone in a tree and heard loud screams that weren't a mountain lion and a whooping sound that is loud and singular. Sitting there racking my brain as to what animal makes that noise and I can't come up with an answer. Another time me and my hunting buddy we're back in the same area and just after first light we heard grunting and heavy breathing all around us and we were 300 meters apart. He text me asking if I heard what he was hearing. Last thing that happened was last deer season. My buddy killed a deer and I was standing over him holding a light while he field dressed it. I look up and notice what I thought was deer eyes in a thicket about 50 meters behind him. Before I could saying anything these eyes went from about 3ft off the ground to about 8 feet off the ground in a single motion. I didn't say anything I just drew my Glock. When he asked what was up I said nothing and he just went back to what he was doing. I never said anything about it. When things like that happen I'm not sure I fully believe what I am seeing and hearing. I think I've grown somewhat accustomed to it because weird crap happens all the time where I hunt.

It's hard to believe that with the thousands of trail cameras out there no one has captured a picture of a Bigfoot if they exist.

I agree. And why they've never found a skeleton or anything. But I've had things happen I couldn't exactly explain. Not keeping me outta the woods though. I'll just pack more heat

All I can say is road kill! The Florida panthers biggest cause of mortality is being hit by cars. If mountain lions (in areas where they do not exist), bigfoot, or other mythical creatures existed, there would be road kills for proof. Trail cameras are not necessarily reliable enough to say they capture everything. Also, with all the phones and security cameras people have now, if something exists in the US, it would be caught there - they never miss a single NFL player beating up a woman, so would certainly get clear footage of bigfoot.

Never seen one or had any weird experiences. But my dad, who grew up hunting the UP of Michigan, seems to believe. He saw something back when he was in his 20s. He still won’t talk about it though. Very unlike him.

I'm one to admit that there's a lot of stuff out there that we just don't know about. Look how often we see someone discover a new creature in the Amazon or something like that.

But there's been this legend of Bigfoot circulating for quite some time, and it would seem that there would have to be a sustainable population of these things running around to be able to continue to reproduce. Remains? Fossils or bones? Something?

I think I'm more along the lines to believe there is a loch Ness monster over Bigfoot, just because the depths of water on Earth are so unexplored and vast.

Are you by Camp Robinson? I wa stationed at Pine Bluff and we used to repond there all the time.

My daughter and I found a Sasquatch Saturday turkey hunting
d05cd815ce65e832dd189e103821fec3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I can say is road kill! The Florida panthers biggest cause of mortality is being hit by cars. If mountain lions (in areas where they do not exist), bigfoot, or other mythical creatures existed, there would be road kills for proof. Trail cameras are not necessarily reliable enough to say they capture everything. Also, with all the phones and security cameras people have now, if something exists in the US, it would be caught there - they never miss a single NFL player beating up a woman, so would certainly get clear footage of bigfoot.
I was just about to post the same thing. If they were real, I would expect someone would have hit one with a car by now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don’t honestly believe in them but I REALLY would like to! There are so many logical arguments against their existence, but, at the same time, the anecdotal evidence can seem pretty convincing. I’ve had a couple of hair raising moments/encounters with things in the woods that I can’t explain, but I still don’t think it was a Squatch.

However, just in case, like @Murph4028 said, I just pack more heat now haha

I don’t honestly believe in them but I REALLY would like to! There are so many logical arguments against their existence, but, at the same time, the anecdotal evidence can seem pretty convincing. I’ve had a couple of hair raising moments/encounters with things in the woods that I can’t explain, but I still don’t think it was a Squatch.

However, just in case, like @Murph4028 said, I just pack more heat now haha

Yes sirrr. I like to hunt and be in the woods so much that even if I did see something like that I highly doubt I would stop doing anything. If it took me 25 years of being in the woods to see one then they can't be that big of a threat. The gun is just the Insurance policy

Maybe it was the descendants of gigantopithecus the real big foot that’s the only thing that could keep me out of the woods

Back