• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bino Harness issues interfering with bridge?

Dave_Collins

The subject line pretty much says it all: Does anyone else have problems with their bridge either catching on or just as bad, simply rubbing against (and making noise) your bino harness if you wear one? I've got a great Alaska Guides bino harness that holds binos, rangefinder and a couple other small things, it's very comfortable and intuitive, I love it. It's pretty compact and I wear it pretty high on my chest, but everyonce in awhile, especially trying to twist to my weak side (right side/right handed) it pushes against my bridge, or my bridge catches it and makes either a rubbing noise or a pop as it pushes against and then clears the bino harness.

I tried the lower on the hips/longer bridge/lower lanyard anchor point method and it definitely helps with this issue and hip pinch, but then I feel like I'm lying down instead of just leaning, making it challenging to get back to a standing or even upper-leaning position to move around the tree. Anyone else have a similar issue and if you solved it, what's your secret?

I haven’t found an answer to your question. I have the Alaska harness...switched to the hill people’s bino pack and the same thing. Finally just put my bino case and rangefinder case on my saddle. Don’t have worry about it on my chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem with my AGC harness. I switched back to my smaller binos with a strap harness and don’t have any issues with it.

I couldn’t stand the agc harness even the smallest one was massive to me. Also the fabric is noisy. I run an outdoor vision. I keep it high and tight. With the lid open it sometimes catches but not bad. I would look into the ADAK harness. My dad got one and it is the best harness going, in my opinion.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I had gone so far as to take it and binos completely off and hung it with my pack. Very frustrating. Some good ideas here, thanks.

https://rickyoungoutdoors.com/basic-ultra-light-bino-harness/

Look into these harnesses. I have never had a problem shooting my recurve from any position out of any set up.
Infact, I have taken my 10X40 Swarovski's on every hunt since 1992. Back yard, down the road, or out of state, I would rather leave my bow and have an observation sit then ever hunt without them.

I haven’t found an answer to your question. I have the Alaska harness...switched to the hill people’s bino pack and the same thing. Finally just put my bino case and rangefinder case on my saddle. Don’t have worry about it on my chest.

So let me get on same page, you just clip the bino case to your waist strap or on one of the molle connections on your saddle?

I have this problem too! Twisting to get a look at a deer and.... SQEEEEEEK. I have definitely alerted deer because of this issue. Glad you posted. I have been putting my binos on my pack as well and grabbing them when I need them, but I’d much prefer to have them right on my chest for lower movement. That’s the whole reason I bought the bino harness! Glad to follow this thread for those with more experience.

I have a homemade strap based off Barry Wensels system, works perfect for saddles.

I run the Adak bino and rangefinder harness with no issues. Can't imagine not having it on.

That’s the way I feel. Do you run your bridge real low with a lower tether point on the tree?

I really like my AGC bino & rangefinder harness but had to ditch it because of the same issues you point out. I tried several different options of bridge, tether, leaning, sitting, and everything else. Finally just ditched the harness. I'll still use it scouting and turkey hunting and stand hunting, but I've just come to grips with the fact that I can't use it in the saddle. Currently looking in to simple options for my binos while in the saddle.

Back